Hops Group Buy in Chicago #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmason1623

Reaction score
We are starting another hops only group buy in Chicago. This will be the 2nd one that I have run. Everyone is invited to participate, however, you must live in the Chicago area including neighboring IN, MI, WI. If you haven't registered before, you can do so below at the ordering database (you will be redirected to the database host server).

chicagohomebrewers.org/grain.

Please refer to the forum link in one of my signatures for more information and discussion regarding the hops only buy. This where the details of the buy will be posted as it progresses.

We are starting another hops only group buy in Chicago. This will be the 2nd one that I have run. Everyone is invited to participate, however, you must live in the Chicago area including neighboring IN, MI, WI. If you haven't registered before, you can do so below at the ordering database (you will be redirected to the database host server).

chicagohomebrewers.org/grain.

Please refer to the forum link in one of my signatures for more information and discussion regarding the hops only buy. This where the details of the buy will be posted as it progresses.

Holy Dancing Bananas, :ban: i just logged in a couple hours ago to see if this had started yet, I was just a couple hours early! Thanks bmason!

Curious if there is a way to know if the hops, especially US, are from the 2013 harvest?

I set up a split bill make sure i did that right

Just threw up a split for some Sorachi Ace and Northern Brewer if anyone is interested. Not sure if we can get Sorachi, but have wanted to try it.

I cant tell if these are whole or pellets?

I've been told that spot purchases are limited and I will need to discuss with higher ups and see if they will make an exception for us. I am thinking/hoping that our higher volumes will prompt them to sell the hard to get varieties at spot prices. My suggestion is to order more than what you think will need in case we do get to buy. Otherwise, we will need to wait a few months or longer and try again. Hops are a hot commodity right now.

I might jump in near close to clean up a few lbs of some random splits this time.

I've decided to finish my motorized mill project and order a .54 cal black powder blunderbuss.

Neopol said:
I might jump in near close to clean up a few lbs of some random splits this time.

I've decided to finish my motorized mill project and order a .54 cal black powder blunderbuss.

That's a gun, right?

keep in mind that status updates on this buy will be posted in the forums. I suggest you follow the topic or your order may get left behind. Thanks.

You will need to post an introduction before you can see anything.

Hops Group Buy Update:

I think we're going to have to wait a few weeks before we can place an order. They don't have much available at the moment. I suspect that they are busy fulfilling their contract commitments. I'm thinking we should we open the database back up again and let people add to their orders since we have to wait anyway? What do others think?

Should we start thinking about hop contracts for next year?

The Hops Group Buy in Chicago #2 is open again. It was opened because we have to wait until some of the varieties are pelletized and available for delivery. We do not have pricing yet so whatever prices display in the database are not current (they are well over a year old). Once we get pricing we will update the pricing.

As I mentioned on the Facebook page, I just bought a vacuum sealer last night for butchering the deer I got this last weekend. So the sealer will allow me to order a couple pounds of hops.

UPDATE

The ordering database has been updated with the current prices. The prices have a nominal charge added in the per pound price to cover inbound shipping costs so there won't be any additional shipping costs. There will also be sales tax added to all orders; this is unavoidable now. Please keep in mind that the supplier can change these prices at any time. There may also be some out of stock conditions at the time of ordering. I am thinking that most varieties will not be available until January since they are still pelletizing a lot of varieties. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

I went ahead and ordered a couple of lbs, hopefully it went through, can you check to see if I am on the database with an order?

Interested in next group buy. Any members in northwest indiana?

Also, the current hop buy will close on 1/24/14. We are hoping that most of the hops will be available by then. It may get to the point that we only order what we can get and everything else gets dropped. Do not be surprised if that happens. Availability issues are beyond my control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back