Hops Group Buy in Chicago #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in grain or hop buy. Mostly grain as I am a new brewer and am not sure what hops I will want to use.

I'm interested in grain or hop buy. Mostly grain as I am a new brewer and am not sure what hops I will want to use.

Thanks for the update Bill - It might be wise to figure out the availability of the main hops such as Amarillo, EKG, Citra, Cascade, etc so we can balance out our hop orders before you close the buy.

Thanks again!
Kory

this buy closes at midnight on sunday. check out the forum or facebook page for more details.

Read the very first post of this thread for more details.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Home Brew mobile app

Is it correct that if all the available amount allowed isn't bought then the whole purchase is canceled?

Is it correct that if all the available amount allowed isn't bought then the whole purchase is canceled?

hops are sold in 11 Lb. quantities which are split into 1 Lb increments. If a carton of hops is "opened" (meaning someone starts an order by taking less than the 11 Lbs) then the remain quantity from that 11 Lbs needs to be ordered by others. If at the time the buy closes and a full 11 Lb carton is not totally accounted for then the whole carton is dropped. I will not be stuck with unwanted hops. Does that make sense?

My understanding is that it closed Sunday night and once Bill hears what is available he will send the invoices out.

UPDATE

I sent our supplier a list of the hops from our group buy requesting availability and lead time.

refer to either the CHBG forum or facebook page for an update.

This is officially closed due to many out of stock varieties for spot purchase. I no longer have a premium membership on HBT so if you need to PM me please do so through the CHBG forum. Link is in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back