Smaller dilution ratios inside for Starsan / Iodophor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kincade

Reaction score
Because I hate mixing larger amounts of sanitizer and wasting it I called the companies that manufacture Iodophor and Starsan to get dilution ratios for those of us that don't want to mix 2.5 or 5 gallons. Both companies were extremely helpful.

I know a few of you already do this but thought the information would be useful from 'the horses mouth' and would be useful in a post format.

Iodophor : 3ml per gallon, or .75ml per 32 oz spray bottle
Starsan: 6ml per gallon, or 1.5 ml per 32 oz spray bottle

I use oral syringes from the local pharmacy to measure, much like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AIKUZG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Hope this helps some of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Because I hate mixing larger amounts of sanitizer and wasting it I called both companies that manufacture Iodophor and Starsan to get dilution ratios for those of us that don't want to mix 2.5 or 5 gallons. Both companies were extremely helpful.

I know a few of you already do this, but thought the information would be useful from 'the horses mouth'.

Iodophor : 3ml per gallon, or .75ml per 32 oz spray bottle
Starsan: 6ml per gallon, or 1.5 ml per 32 oz spray bottle

I use oral syringes from the local pharmacy to measure, much like this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AIKUZG/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Hope this helps some of you!

Thanks Kincade for the syringe idea, I've been trying to measure out 1/20 of a oz for a quart spray bottle using the measuring "cup" bit on the bottle of starsan! It's mighty hard to eyeball 1/5 of the 1/4 line :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Kincade for the syringe idea, I've been trying to measure out 1/20 of a oz for a quart spray bottle using the measuring "cup" bit on the bottle of starsan! It's mighty hard to eyeball 1/5 of the 1/4 line :D

Glad I could help! Most pharmacies will give you a children's oral syringe if you ask (used for children's Tylenol). Otherwise look in any pharmacy, they should sell them for $2-3.

[edit, didn't realize you were from NZ! Not sure what the Kiwi exchange rate is these days. ;)]

Latest posts

Back