Zwanze Day 2016-10-01 - The Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fonta Flora is so ****ing small. I love Todd and co and hope this is a hell of a time for everyone out there but I fear that it'll be a truly miserably crowded experience for everyone

I was half-expecting this to get scrapped because Shelton Bros couldn't get the right NC state approval for the beers or something (like what's happened with various breweries the past two years at Wicked Weed's sour fest).

Curious to see what Fonta Flora decides to do here. Like you noted, space isn't exactly abundant there.

Something I didn't think of but a friend brought to my attention: could they possibly have it on their new farm space?

Last edited:
could they possibly have it on their new farm space?
Not unless it gets cleared with proper licensing before the event, which I'm not totally sure it is. If it wasn't, they could conceivably do it for free (a la old zwanze at Jester King)

I personally hope they ticket it and just sell tickets IP at the brewery tomorrow with no warning. I would miss out, as would a lot of folks, but it would mean it would be a good time for locals, and the people there could breathe and enjoy themselves

Be careful what you wish for. Zwanze Day at Monk's is anything but pleasant. It's the one beer event a year I try to attend, but my patience is wearing thin.

Oh, I accept that it'll be much less pleasant than sensibly ticketed events elsewhere. On the other hand, the fact that I don't need tickets to get in, and it is simply a matter of having the will to wait on the day of, is fortunate given my circumstances. And certainly it seems far more attractive than what would've been my Zwanze alternative - Jolly Pumpkin.

Oh, I accept that it'll be much less pleasant than sensibly ticketed events elsewhere. On the other hand, the fact that I don't need tickets to get in, and it is simply a matter of having the will to wait on the day of, is fortunate given my circumstances. And certainly it seems far more attractive than what would've been my Zwanze alternative - Jolly Pumpkin.
Waiting is the least of the issues really. Monk's is crowded past the point of being pleasant on a regular Saturday. Add Zwanze Day to the equation and you get pandemonium. Keep in mind it's smaller than many peoples' apartments.

No official details from Fonta Flora yet about the NC event, but here's what they said in response to someone's comment on FB:

Fonta Flora Brewery we are sold a very limited amount of Cantillon Zwanze as well as a few other kegs, which will be sold to the public via tickets. There will be no bottles of Cantillon available for purchase. We MIGHT have a release of one of our beers that day but there will be no hype around it. Very casual. Tickets will be sold in advance and we will be posting more information very very soon! It certainly isn't pointless to try to get a ticket. Everyone will have an equal shot. Cheers!

In another comment they said they were thinking about using BPT for the sales.

No official details from Fonta Flora yet about the NC event, but here's what they said in response to someone's comment on FB:

'Very casual. No hype.'

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Moeder tickets, both locations, on sale from Saturday the 17th. Cost is €6.50 each, includes one pour.
If you miss that, zwanze will be available at Cantillon from Monday Oct 3rd.
Now that actually sounds fun.

They're doing a 'lottery' to get the chance to pay $75 for 20 oz of Cantillon, a glass, and a tshirt. **** that.

anyone interested in car pooling to the Dieu Du Ciel Zwanze Day? I'll be leaving out of VT and we can meet up/park at my place.

Does anybody going to Seymours by chance have an extra 2016 fou they wouldnt mind swapping out for a 2015 fou? Just trying to keep the vertical going. Cheers!

Only around 20 tickets sold in Moeder (original) so far, anyone arriving late in the week should be good.
Fontainas tickets are another story...

T4NQP1R.jpg
It's amazing that there's only 20 tickets sold there and I can't win a lotto for the life of me for the privilege to purchase a ticket here in Texas, lol.

Yea, the 8 bottles of Fou I'm pretty sure were photographed in an apt in New York tells me that's not true...

Kernel taplist.

Cantillon, Zwanze 2016 - Framboise (82% raspberry lambic, 18% blueberry lambic with 0.5%
vanilla)

Cantillon, Fou'Foune - Apricot Lambic.

Cantillon, Cuvee Saint Gilloise - 2 y.o. unblended lambic, dry hopped and primed for refermentation.

Burning Sky, Saison Anniversaire - a lightly spiced saison fermented and aged in French Chardonnay barriques with a blend of saison and wild yeasts.

Chorlton Brewing Co. BS-1 Sour - Barrel aged berliner weisse, with Brett harvested from a 1976 bottle of Hochschule Berliner Weisse.

The Kernel, Biere de Saison Citra - saison fermented with our house mixed cultre, aged in foudre, dry hopped with Citra.

The Kernel, London Sour, Damson - a blend of berliner weisse and saison, fresh and barrel aged, refermented with Kentish Damsons (2 varieties - Blacks and Merriweather) for 5 months.

The Kernel, Pale Ale Simcoe / Pale Ale Enigma Mosaic Simcoe.

The Kernel, Table Beer.

If anybody going to seymours has any extra trillium cans and wants some focal banger pm. Cant wait for the zwanze events.

Back