You're no longer a n00b when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
152. Your wife sees a set of glasses with your last name on it and orders them because they're Cooper's (and she KNOWS that it's not only your last name, but a major brew supply company). Schweet!

158. SWMBO restricts you from hooch brewing competitions and says you're no longer allowed to brew crap.

159. When you initially read this list, and went huh? Then 3 months later, yo get bored at work, re-read the whole thing, and start having a laughing fit. Co-workers come by, and go "Oh, it's just the HBT forums again....we should have known"

160. When you realize that even though BierMuncher's junk is ugly, you understand function over form.

161. You spend your own money to go to a conference in a distant city where you attend a lecture on beer line cleaning chemicals and think it was great.

Brewpastor said:
161. You spend your own money to go to a conference in a distant city where you attend a lecture on beer line cleaning chemicals and think it was great.

dork! But I have no room to talk in other hobbies of mine :rockin:

163. There are two settings on your coffee maker, Regular, and Extra Strong. As you push extra strong you worry about tannins getting in your coffee...

164. Your home brew bottle opener is made from a Kangaroo scrotum

- pick one up on your next trip to Australia.

Some of these are particularly snobby. Getting upset when people don't know the difference between ale and lager? Please.
Perhaps we should not be so full of ourselves? We want people to get into homebrewing, not to hate us.

swhitt said:
Some of these are particularly snobby. Getting upset when people don't know the difference between ale and lager? Please.
Perhaps we should not be so full of ourselves? We want people to get into homebrewing, not to hate us.

This is a light hearted thread, lets keep it that way.:mug:

166. Making a starter consists of a 5 gallon carboy and a stir plate the size of a suitcase.

167, When you have a huge family blow out at your house and know you no longer need to buy BMC, cuz everyone will head straight for the Sanyo...and if they can't find what they want there...the five-tap keezer in the basement has something for everyone.

Oh...and your "junk" begins to have a reputation.

98EXL said:
160. When you realize that even though BierMuncher's junk is ugly, you understand function over form.

BierMuncher said:
167, When you have a huge family blow out at your house and know you no longer need to buy BMC, cuz everyone will head straight for the Sanyo...and if they can't find what they want there...the five-tap keezer in the basement has something for everyone.

Oh...and your "junk" begins to have a reputation.

thanks man, but I re-read that today and edited the 'but' out of it. Makes more sense now

While perusing the web to get an answer to a question...I find this thread, had to chuckle to myself, and thought "there has to be more to this"....

When you can brew an AG batch in your sleep or while playing world of warcraft.

<---Guilty as charged ;) wifey can't figure out which i'm obsessed with more, but I love both. (3 level 70's, many other toons in progress/wit in secondary, honey ale in primary)

Last 2 were smoked porter, hefeweizen, sadly i cannot drink, due to a liver disease, but i love brewing it for friends/family while playin warcraft;)

I dunno if this was mentioned:

When you start answering the noobs questions

When you're *gasp* out of homebrew and have to buy commercial, you choose your purchase as much because of the bottle design as the taste.

When you have so many carboys and kegs that you're never out of homebrew.

When an underage kid posts a recipe with:

• 1 pound Ale Grains
  • 4 pounds sugar
  • 1 package of brewers yeast
  • 4 gallons of water

And you can tell immediately that it's going to taste like crap.

DaveyBoy said:
When an underage kid posts a recipe with:

• 1 pound Ale Grains
  • 4 pounds sugar
  • 1 package of brewers yeast
  • 4 gallons of water

And you can tell immediately that it's going to taste like crap.

BAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I was wondering when someone was going to add that to this thread

You are no longer a n00b when:
You buy your smack pack at lunch, as well as some DME for starters. Get back in your car, smack it likes it's SWMBO's ass, and take your brewery employees to your day job, and on errands before you come home from work, and put them into a starter. Then you realize you have no brew related tasks, so you portion out 1/2 cup DME and 1 pint of water into freezer bags so you don't have to dick around with that later....and because DME clumps for some reason eventhough it's not wet

(I know that was a mouthful)

The word 'flocculate' still makes you giggle, but at least now you know what it means.

...you've taught 3 or more people how to brew and they would rather ask you questions than the LHBS.

Cap'n Jewbeard said:
You have photographic proof that Cheese possesses at least one 7/8ths inch tool...

heh.

You can feel 7/8th inch from the tip of your tongue, like my Sheister friend. :)

Dude, I didn't mean for that to "go down" the way it did - I was just trying to get a better look at those Fabulous Thunderbird boxers you have...

90053k.jpg

98EXL said:
I dunno if this was mentioned:

When you start answering the noobs questions

LOL.... How about when you grow your owns hops, Either I missed it or it wasnt mentioned Whats the count up 2 now?:D

Back