You're no longer a n00b when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wilsonwj said:
234. Had your 3 year old son sniff the airlock to get his opinion on the smell of your beer.

Cassie (2 3/4) helped me bottle my Belgian a few weeks back. She stuck her head in the bottling bucket, took a big whiff, and declared "Yummy, yummy! Cassie like beer!"

She's also obsessed with sniffing the airlocks; whenever we go to the HBS, she makes me pick her up so she can smell everything they have fermenting.

236: a family member's nursing home is having an get-together themed after Octoberfest - with SA Octoberfest served, and you run around to find the head chef to get a deal on the SA empties...

the_bird said:
Cassie (2 3/4) helped me bottle my Belgian a few weeks back. She stuck her head in the bottling bucket, took a big whiff, and declared "Yummy, yummy! Cassie like beer!"

She's also obsessed with sniffing the airlocks; whenever we go to the HBS, she makes me pick her up so she can smell everything they have fermenting.

My 2 year old daughter sniffed my hazelnut stout and shouted, "WOW!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Octoberfest beers were supposed to be brewed in the spring. That's why they are called Marzen. Its german for March, the month they are brewed in.

sturdy begger brewers said:
my neighbors were relieved when i stopped brewing meth and switched to beer

That is *so* funny!

My neighbors tease me on brew days that I'm doing something unseemly. They focus on the "copper coily things" calling them "a little too 'mad scientist'".

sturdy begger brewers said:
240. neighbors were relieved when i stopped brewing meth and switched to beer

241. You come to the realization that pLambics can't become infected. You can only increase the "flavor profile"

242. You say to SWMBO, "I'm opening a Krek tonight." She freaks out and says, "I told you I need the kitchen." And you have to explain you mean opening a bottle not racking a carboy.

243. You have lambic hops which have aged more than a year.

244. Your work schedule has been adjusted to your brew schedule.

245. Your wife informs you that you will not get any Birthday presents, or Christmas presents bacause you already got them.

250 - The office staff that used to only drink Coors Light start asking if you are bringing anything to the Christmas party.

usnsti said:
162. When you read this thread and more than 50% of it makes sense to you......

252. When you read this thread and more than 80% of it makes sense to you!
253. When, on every day you brew, you have cops randomly driving by your house every 30 minutes, like clockwork, for the rest of the day.
254. When you actually stop at 5 different gas stations on your less-than-1-mile commute from work, just because the first 4 didn't sell anything in a pry-top bottle.
255. When you can't even finish a Bud Light anymore, even if it's both cold AND free.

ooh, I forgot:

257. When you have a talk with SWMBO about how tight bills are for the next month, and bring home a 55# bag of 2-row in the same day, because CLEARLY you bought the 2-row with your "Brewing Supplies Only" credit card.

258. You find a long forgotten case of assorted brews the movers brought, don't remember what most of the sharpie letters on the caps mean, but can't wait to crack them open.

PS my Asahi Clone and the HBT 06/06/06 tasted incredible after over a year of aging in a cool basement and buried in a crate in a storage facility in Baltimore for another 3 months.

259. You have to take a couple days off work because of your sick kid. So you drag her to the LHBS so you can make a wine while you are on a forced vacation.

260. SWMBO threatens to divorce you because you've asked her eight times this week which recipe you should brew next.

261. SWMBO knows the difference between taps and understands the difference in regulators and pressure gauges.

262. Your 7 year old knows exactly what is causing the airlock to bubble.

267) You refuse to cut the water supply to your outside hoses to avoid burst pipes in the cold weather just because you never know when you'll need your wort chiller.

(Sad but true! SWMBO keeps asking, but I have ingredients on the way and don't want to bother:D )

268) You stop thinking of "multiple step decoction" as something that those beer fanatics do, and seriously consider it for your next brew.
269)You get really tired of responding to posts that ask "what the hell is this white stuff in my primary?"

Orpheus said:
267) You refuse to cut the water supply to your outside hoses to avoid burst pipes in the cold weather just because you never know when you'll need your wort chiller.

270) You convert the main floor bathroom sink to garden hose fittings so you can run the hose through the house instead to prevent the above conundrum.

271) You teach SWMBO how to brew, and you feel yet another connection with her, because you seem to be so SMRT! (moreso than you really are)

Schlenkerla said:
266) When make a pot of coffee, you think of fly-sparging, then start to think it might be easier if you batch sparge. :D

272) You do a single infusion no sparge method when making coffee and sit there considering if you should be doing a mash out as well.

273) When you not only think of brewing beer during sex, but actually make a decision that you stick to on your next batch during sex.

Bah Humbug said:
272) You do a single infusion no sparge method when making coffee and sit there considering if you should be doing a mash out as well.

274) You actually act on any of these coffee-sparging musings, and try to build a miniature mash tun for your morning coffee so that you CAN settle whether fly or batch sparging is better for your beans. :D

cheezydemon said:
273) When you not only think of brewing beer during sex, but actually make a decision that you stick to on your next batch during sex.

275) You actually turn down SWMBO's request for sex because you're in the middle of your boil.

chriso said:
275) You actually turn down SWMBO's request for sex because you're in the middle of your boil.

276) You successfully satisfy your mate during your boil, and don't have a boil over and you time it perfectly during the 15 minutes between hop additions.:mug:

Back