Your thoughts on this wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems no different than the rest. (Immersion chillers). Except maybe just being longer.

It'll do the trick. :)

I was just mainly wondering if anyone had any experience with it, because I've seen posts about some that leak...

They are pretty much all the same besides length and the copper to tubing connections. If it leaks at the connections, just go out and get some stainless steel ring clamps that fit snugly and you can fix the leak. These ring clamps are like $0.40 each.

So 80 cents versus returning your wife's gift? No brainer!

I bought a 3/8" 50ft copper chiller with hose fittings from NY Brew Supply. Great product and customer service. After shipping and everything, they had the best price I could find. I've used mine for at least the last 10 batches. No issues at all.

They are pretty much all the same besides length and the copper to tubing connections. If it leaks at the connections, just go out and get some stainless steel ring clamps that fit snugly and you can fix the leak. These ring clamps are like $0.40 each.

So 80 cents versus returning your wife's gift? No brainer!

+1

Hose clamps are cheap and effective. That's what I did with mine.

Its a bit pricey (Its only about $45 worth of copper), but it'll work fine if you don't feel like DIY'ing it.

EDIT:
Just saw your wife got it for you. Give her a kiss and enjoy the chiller.

Just like mine and I love it.I don't know shat about Chicago but up here that is about 80 bucks woth of copper.Hey I'm talkin CDN bucks!!Sadly thats what we have to use to clean up the mess in Vancouver.

Just like mine and I love it.I don't know shat about Chicago but up here that is about 80 bucks woth of copper.Hey I'm talkin CDN bucks!!Sadly thats what we have to use to clean up the mess in Vancouver.

Copper Tubing Sales has 50 ft of 3/8 for $45, and they're usually more expensive than HD and Lowes (in my experience). I have no idea what the exhange rate is now though...

Copper Tubing Sales has 50 ft of 3/8 for $45, and they're usually more expensive than HD and Lowes (in my experience). I have no idea what the exhange rate is now though...

I did a search as well and the 3 first places that came up were around 60 - 70... all in the USA

Im in Canada and the price is more...

the exchange rate right now is about 5%
1 US dollar = .95 cents CDN The CDN dollar is worth more than the US... the Canadian government did all they could for 5 years to keep the dollar lower by dropping the National interest rate but they couldnt lower it lower than .5% so the US dollar has been lower for about a year.

That being said, I dont care what the price was... I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the product. I really didnt start doing this because of prices and dont even really look at the prices when I buy things... its a hobby and I really dont care what I spend on my hobbies because I enjoy them.

thanks for the information everyone!

Back