Young and dumb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleybug88

Reaction score
I'm assuming most of here drank and partied when we were young. So, my question is.

What's the craziest thing you ever did in your youth? Be it fighting, getting arrested, pulling pranks or just doing something really dumb and embarrassing.

Come on, be honest.

No, didn't even know I was on there till about a year later when people started calling me. One crazy night. Its been nearly 15 years now.

too many fights and bloody nights for which I was to blame.

a place called Atomic Cafe (yeah, I know) in my home town used to have a lot of punk & underground shows. it was on the corner of an ally in the downtown. a bunch of us used to hang in the ally between bands. cops used stop and hassle all the punks, flex their awe-thor-i-tie. when they pulled up we'd all take off running in different directions. one night me and a couple other guys took off across the street into the ally, run in the back door of a bar, sat down at the bar, and watched the cops run through and out the front door. we got up and ran out the back door and to back where we started. when the cops showed back up and asked us why we ran we simply stated, "Exercise."

when I lived in Vegas, we used to have "Punk Rock Jousting". each person got one roller blade or "fruit boot" and a long stick of pvc pipe with foam taped on the end.

2 of my friends in Vegas got all hammered up and started arguing about their balls. to end the argument they each dipped their berries in white house paint and slapped them against a brick wall to see whose made the bigger splatter mark. one of them didn't wash the paint off right away.

my friend "Rasta" Nate and I used to go to this bar called The Backstop in Boulder City, NV (where he lived) and we'd flocc with everyone. we'd take balls off the pool table while people were playing, walk up to strangers and talk to them way too close (both of us at the same time), join in conversations where we were NOT welcome, clog up the dart boards by starting a game and then hold an argument about pop culture instead of playing, drinking other peoples drinks, lifting a leg and cracking one off while talking to people, etc. the bartender always stood up for us for some reason and gave used double & triple sized drinks for normal size prices.

that's all for now. maybe more later.

Sorry, some stories i will take to the grave ... :beard: ... but ... one comes to mind, we had a local police captain who liked to surprise us ( and others ) when we were out drinking out in the woods and such, he would storm in and say
" DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?? " like it was a mystery. so being the smarts that i was, i said " aww christ, we got i guy here who don't know who the f**k he is.) ... you know where i spent the night...

Got lost after a wedding reception once, drove down a golf cart path, that didn't end well. Punched some idiot in a biker bar, bikers all thought I was cool, that coulda ended worse.

Got lost after a wedding reception once, drove down a golf cart path, that didn't end well. Punched some idiot in a biker bar, bikers all thought I was cool, that coulda ended worse.

The idiot must not have been a biker...or you got very lucky.

Got a DUI in a Mercedes leaving the national Rock, Paper, Scissors competition. Used my winnings for bail.

jesus****! There ain't enough room here for all the stupid **** I did while drunk. Between the ages of 15-25 I did so much dumb **** while drinking/smoking I can't even remember most of it and what I do remember is too much to list.

when the cops showed back up and asked us why we ran we simply stated, "Exercise."

That's awesome! I actually laughed for a while over that, I know I'll think about that a couple hours from now & get a few chuckles. :mug:

This story doesn't involve drinking, but nobody said it had to involve drinking.
I got my 1st dirt bike when I was 16 & I rode it everywhere, even on the streets; where I wasn't supposed to. The bike had no lights & no lic plate of course & thus wasn't street legal. There were a few times the cops gave chase, but it was fairly easy to lose them in a couple of areas of town where there were no houses, just dirt trails & mesquite trees.

One day I was riding on the street (in broad daylight), minding my own biz, when a cop drives past in the other lane. I told myself "If he keeps going, I'll take the trails home & stay home the rest of the day, but if he turns around, I'm gone." Well of course he turned around & so the chase was on.

I tried my usual bit of hitting the trails in town, but this cop wasn't giving up. So I hit the street again & hauled ass. FYI: a Yamaha YZ 125 6 speed has some get up & go right off the showroom floor, but after I'd had it bored out for over-sized pistons, it would REALLY move.

I hit some other trails & this cop stayed with me, I gave him the ride of his life & put a couple years worth of wear & tear on his patrol car, but he still wouldn't give up. So I pulled out my trump card. I grew up watching Evel Knievel & was jumping my bicycle over stuff from the age of 8; this naturally carried over into my motorcycle days. I wasn't too daring, but I'd jumped a few things on my dirtbike, enough so I knew what I could do.

I hauled ass through the trails & went screaming down the street, praying there would be no traffic when I got to the T intersection. Luck was with me as there was no traffic. I gunned it & hit the ditch on the other side of the road at an angle, using the opposite side of the ditch as a ramp & jumped the railroad tracks and a 3 strand barbed wire fence.

I continued on a little & then stopped to look back, there was a FAT cop talking on his radio. I laughed at him & continued on into the desert where he couldn't follow. I spent a few hours just having fun, killing time & waiting for the cops to give up the search. I was near a small airport & could see vehicles on the tarmac, driving slow; presumably searching for me, or so I thought.

I killed the engine so they couldn't hear it if they had their windows down & just waited. They left after abouit 10 mins & when I thought the coast was clear I tried to strt my bike, but it wouldn't start. No matter what I did, the damned thing wouldn't start. So I had to push it all the way home through the desert, across the golf course, across another ditch, down the street & through a residential neighborhood without being seen.

Finally got home & stashed my bike under a tarp in the carport, went in the house trying to look like nothing was out of the ordinary so my parents wouldn't know anything was going on & there at the kitchen table sat my Mom & Dad, talking & having coffee with a cop. Not the same fat cop who'd chased me earlier, but that's exactly what he was there about.

I suppose I got off lucky as I only got a couple of tickets out of the deal, but I figured I got away fair & square, and therefore didn't deserve those tickets. Of course the punishment I got from my parents was worse, they chained up my dirt bike & grounded me for 2 months.
That's one of the craziest things I did in my youth.
Regards, GF.

This bar near boston had a basketball hoop in a cage inside the bar. We traveled in after work one night and played kill the carrier basketball drinking game. Best time ever.

When I was in my teens ( the 90s)if u hit a deer with a car most of the time fish & wildlife let you keep the meat. Every year me and a friend would buy a $200 beater and cruise up and down dirt roads at dusk
Me and a friend ( same guy as the deer hunting) once got suspended from school because somebody bet us 25¢ we wouldn't purposely get suspended
In high school my friend took some acid ( him again...) So we gave him chocolate covered ex lax
I went to high school in a small town (7000 people). One day 5 of us ( me 200lbs, troy 375lbs, Corey 400 lbs, Mikey 275 lbs and Jason 240 lbs) smoked some pot. We then got the bright idea to pile into Jasons chevette and head downtown to the local hotel since they had a buffet lunch. We wanted to see if:
A. They would close the restaurant when they saw us pull up
Or
B. If we could eat everything they had

One day 5 of us ( me 200lbs, troy 375lbs, Corey 400 lbs, Mikey 275 lbs and Jason 240 lbs) smoked some pot. We then got the bright idea to pile into Jasons chevette and head downtown to the local hotel since they had a buffet lunch. We wanted to see if:

Sounds kind of like the time we had 5 people worth about 1200lbs of dude in my buddy's '92 Tercel. About 20 years old at the time. The car, not us. Man did that car cry. Got out and saw the about 2" of the sidewalls had been on the road since it was slightly beyond capacity.

I haven't done too many dumb things in my time. Most involve misplacing pants, but hey you gotta blend in when loosing pants is what the party is about right? Would I have ever looked like a fool being the only one with pants on.

anyone else ever drag a stuffed coonskin hat across a busy roadway with an old fishing reel while hiding in the woods? Did I mention that we grew up in the country? The last time we did it the car ran over the line and broke it, then stopped and took our stuffed coonskin hat. We nearly pissed ourselves laughing all the way home. The next day, got the worst case of poison ivy in my life. Missed 2 weeks of school.
Country Karma I suppose

anyone else ever drag a stuffed coonskin hat across a busy roadway with an old fishing reel while hiding in the woods? Did I mention that we grew up in the country? The last time we did it the car ran over the line and broke it, then stopped and took our stuffed coonskin hat. We nearly pissed ourselves laughing all the way home. The next day, got the worst case of poison ivy in my life. Missed 2 weeks of school.
Country Karma I suppose

AWESOME! :mug:
Regards, GF.

man where do I start.... A good one is on July 4th back in the day. Started off drinking in the afternoon, bbq- the usual, then did the fireworks thing in the evening. Then we went to the bar and took my buddies 94 jeep renegade. This thing had no doors, no back seat, no top, and could hardly run but we took it anyway.
At the bar my memory gets hazy. I do remember dancing with an old lady, buying shots for everyone, etc, etc. Then when it was time to leave, 2am, we decided to go off-roading on the medians in the parking lot- tearing them up and throwing mud and dirt all over everyone cars. Then we were driving past the big lake in the area and decided it would be cool to drive the jeep into the middle of the lake and light off some mortars from the back of the jeep.
The lake is in a neighborhood with a lot of waterfront property so we were really in people's backyard driving a loud jeep into the middle of the lake. My buddy floored it into the water then slammed it into reverse and floored it back out. He did this several times. The jeep either had straight pipe exhaust or none at all because this thing was loud as hell.
The last time he decided to go plummeting into the lake he really laid on the gas and got us right in the middle of the thing. He put the jeep in park and lit a cigarette. "Fire off those mortars" He said so I did and saw all the house's lights come on one by one. I think I lit off 3 or 4 and then we drove out of the lake. In VA most fireworks are illegal so we drove home quickly and I'm still shocked we didn't get pulled over and arrested for multiple offenses since the jeep was covered in fresh mud and we were all wasted with illegal fireworks. I remember laying in the back with the wind in my hair looking up at the trees and stars as we drove through the night. That night was one of the first times in a long time where I felt free and just didn't care about anything else. It just happened to coincide with the day that we celebrate freedom so it felt pretty darn good to terrorize a neighborhood, light off illegal fireworks, and get hammered- All in the name of freedom.

Now, I'm lucky to drink a few beers and not be asleep by the time it's time to light off our lame ass legal fireworks.

Friend of mine during and just out of college was a severe bad influence of the best kind.

Once, after a few intoxicating substances consumed in a park, we ran from police officers who turned out to not be chasing us. I think at least one passerby was wondering why we were on our stomachs on the sidewalk trying to hide in the shadows.

At "the compound", this house he lived in for a while, the owner was known to sell pot by the pound. We thought it might be a place we could get into a lot of trouble until he woke up one morning to see a police officer in full uniform smoking a bong in his living room (no joke). Thus, over time people started repeating the phrase "nothing bad ever happens at the compount." Sir Fattings, the housecat with half a tail, was so used to second hand pot smoke that he used to walk gently into walls and fall over. One of the very few rules was hurt Fattings and there will be hell to pay. I didnt live there but used an open bedroom with a mattress to have more than one "romantic" encounter (who knew that a yutz with a goatee like I was could use the line "hey, wanna go in the bedroom its quieter" and have it work), we probably drank about 1600 coronas and probably double that in Schaeffers over time, probably grilled and consumed 200 chickens, and make at least 50 pots of rice and beans... and then there was the time a bunch of guys set up a stack of mattresses, set them on fire, and started jumping off the roof into them. Antonio said, "this could get bad", so I took my smokey self into the kitchen and came back out with a glass of water. You know, just in case the fire spread.

Get this... I once overheard an argument between two girls (both a year older and a year ahead of me) as to whom was going to be allowed to hook up with me. After careful consideration I decided I would wait until they decided on a winner for me to introduce myself. Someone else nabbed the mattress room, so she took me home to her dorm.

It was there I learned that I am an absolute monster at flip cup. Last time I played was about 6 years ago, and even after dusting off the cobwebs I won 6 games in a row. (That night my friend Anna carry/dragged me home and dumped me on my bed.)

Alas... 5 years after graduation something bad happened at the compound, and one of the guys who now lived there had a heart attack and died. To my knowledge no drugs were involved in his death.

Don't even get me started with post-college...

Back