"You Wit-Ness" Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesutton3

Reaction score
I'm planning on brewing this beer soon and have a few questions for those who have done it before. I have only been doing extract brews so far and would like some help converting this. I am currently going through the 39 page pdf document I found on this site about converting all grain to extract. I'm guessing I will need to convert the 2-row to liquid extract using the 0.75 factor. The other two grains I'm guessing I will have to do a partial mash since they don't seem to respond to steeping very well. Is this correct? Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out the partial mash process?

Recipe: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/just-another-brew-day-pics-99893/

Well I've decided to just go ahead with the AG version. Just finished leak testing my cooler MLT this morning. Good to go.

In the original thread about the "Your WIT-ness" beer some flour is added to insure the beer stays cloudy over time. Does anyone know when and how much should be added?

I know its probably a stupid question but just to make sure before I screw something up, when calling for a cetrain number of oz of orange zest or other spice, the oz are weight? Is this correct?

I brewed this last weekend in the thread BM mentions a couple tbps of flour mixed with cold water and put the last 10 minutes of the boil. The spices are measured by weight.

I brewed this beer a number of weeks ago. It has been in the bottle for 13 days now(a bit green). I know it will mellow out a bit, but right now it seems like there is too much coriander. I will brew again with maybe a 1/2 ounce for a 5 gallon batch.

Back