You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wife says "I think you're going overboard on brewing equipment." for a one kettle BIAB system + pump and you say, "That's nothing, you should see the people with 3 vessels and a dedicated brew room!"

I'm sure that was effective in helping her see your point of view. :)

I think there was a bit of eye rolling when I mentioned that. I just need to find the right picture of someone's mammoth brew setup, because that is worth a thousand words! Plus it'll make any future brewing requests seem much more reasonable :D

I think there was a bit of eye rolling when I mentioned that. I just need to find the right picture of someone's mammoth brew setup, because that is worth a thousand words! Plus it'll make any future brewing requests seem much more reasonable :D

Just remind her that you could just go drink craft brew at bar every night.

You spent the last three days doing a very intricate tile job on your kitchen floor...the primary interior entrance to my basement...but you still decide to do a batch even though you have to go out the front door, shimmy for 18' between your trailer and house, open the side door 18", go down the stairs, etc about 15 times because you keep forgetting things.

This of course when you have 32 gallons and three varieties on tap and the basement will be accessible tomorrow morning.

Your wife says "I think you're going overboard on brewing equipment." for a one kettle BIAB system + pump and you say, "That's nothing, you should see the people with 3 vessels and a dedicated brew room!"

I am always showing my family how involved or intricate some members' set ups are and why my mashtun and brew kettle set up is so minimalist/bohemian.

I get the dreaded eye roll when I do though...

Send here some of these pics next time you want to buy something small. The complaining will stop. ;)

08e55d9928340cf032edc14bfea80565.jpg

JimH728.jpg

beer-brewing-rigs.jpg

PaulM728.jpg

KevanM.jpg

JonyMac.jpg

JohnR2_728.jpg

YorkG728.jpg

Kal

When your wife asks you to move the carboy from the tub so she could take a shower.

Might have already been said but it just happened to me yesterday!

When you walk outside to check your sparge water temp and notice some mysterious particles in the bottom of the pot. Realizing it's probably a small chunk of dried bird poo that blew off the roof, you weigh your options and brew on.

Just tell anyone you serve it to that you boiled the $h!t out of it

When lhbs has a Black Friday sale, and now pantry is full but not with food!

IMG_4026.jpg

Send here some of these pics next time you want to buy something small. The complaining will stop. ;)

08e55d9928340cf032edc14bfea80565.jpg

JimH728.jpg

beer-brewing-rigs.jpg

PaulM728.jpg

KevanM.jpg

JonyMac.jpg

JohnR2_728.jpg

YorkG728.jpg

Kal

Thanks for the pictures - I showed them to the wife yesterday and she said not to get any ideas. I said too late, but I'll save it for when the kids are out of college :D

You wish you had already brewed a stout because the ones I've had are a mess.

When the first thing you do when you get a new, perfectly good stainless steel pot is to drill holes in it.

When the first thing you do when you get a new, perfectly good stainless steel pot is to drill holes in it.
Gah! Don't remind me... that was the most nerve racking part of my build... putting holes in 3 shiny new Blichmann kettles! I dreaded the day I had to do it and kept putting it off as long as I could. Fortunately it worked perfectly.

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

Kal

When you are shopping for a new house and one of the must haves is an extra room that SWMBO allows you to turn into a brewery. Or half a basement in my case!

When you are shopping for a new house and one of the must haves is an extra room that SWMBO allows you to turn into a brewery. Or half a basement in my case!

When you tell your wife it's time to move because you want a bigger area dedicated to brewing!

I have looked at several of them. I need to build out my walls so I can super insulate and keep heat requirements low considering it can drop to -31f here! And run a water line out there that I am going to have to insulate and heat well to keep from freezing. No way to trench it in without drilling through 4 foot thick field stone basement walls... only a 10 foot run from heated house to heated shed when I get it done.

I know there are more on here, but this is one I was following. Don't know how she's doing with it, but is good stuff.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?p=6726934#post6726934

When you have a nightmare about your wife opening two liter bottles of your beer to share with friends and then leaving them open on the table all night 90% full.

Did my invite get lost in the mail? You can PM me the details of when the next poker night is. [emoji6]LOL

Next one is on the 10th. I'll pick you up at the airport or are you going to drive? It's a long way from NY. It's a friendly game. I just put the Majestic Bourbon Vanilla Porter on Nitro. So, I hope you like craft beer!

This has probably been said many times,
But recently with every decent to excellent beer I drink my 1st thought is "can I make this"?

When you have a nightmare about your wife opening two liter bottles of your beer to share with friends and then leaving them open on the table all night 90% full.
Where is the hate button?

Back