You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You think that brewing beer would make an awesome date.
or
You make a date to brew beer.

When you walk into the brewery supply store and the owner calls you by first name then asks whats next on the brew schedule

They know your wife at the Homebrew store because it's so close to her office that she always gets the distinguished task of picking up orders. Today mama rolled in there, baby in tow, to pick up a pound of Citra. You know, she parties.

You walk into the room where you're fermentors are, for the first time after pitching your yeast, and see that the bubbling has started! Joy!

When your Vegetable Drawer in your kitchen fridge looks like this...

image.jpg

When you're soaking a fermenter, cleaning bottles & finishing a gunstock all at the same time while still feeling the effects of the beer & tequila the other night...

... when you catch yourself looking at the weeds beside the road as you drive, wondering if they're yarrow or some other herb...

When you KNOW that the herbs and berries growing by the roadside would be good in your ales, but don't dare harvest for the crap the county sprays on them.
The juniper trees and such in the woods around my house are not so lucky, however. :)

In a staff meeting I used the phrase "we opened the kimono wide"

The trademark Jamil line from can you brew it.

I turned 6 shades of red when people just stared at me.

When you walk down to the basement and always go over to your home brew equipment, supplies, ingredients, fermenters (full or empty), when you are there for something else. i.e. laundry, looking for something non-beer related, etc...

I just kegged my beer last night and since then I keep going over there every time I head down to the basement. So I have nothing to check on currently. My stuff is even on the other side from where the stairs are!!!! LOL

When you get nervous after your wife tells you she cleaned out the fridge, because last time she threw away all of the "old bottles full of some nasty brown stuff"

Latest posts

Back