You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy actually asked me what they were. He was angling to leave them for rubbish/brush pick-up on Wednesday. I told him I brewed a batch and they would stink to high heaven in no time. He took them without a thought.

I'm so screwed...I brewed LAST weekend, missed the trash on Tuesday, and here I am on Friday. TRYYYYING to make it to Tuesday

When you meet the garbageman at the curb with sacks of spent grains to make sure they don't spend an extra few days in your garbage can. Did it this morning (Fri.). The heat wave would have made those sacks pretty ripe by Tuesday (next pick-up).

I freeze mine .then give them to a buddy that has pigs .Slaughter time hope he returns the favor.

...When everytime you start reading something SWMBO asks, "are you reading about brewing beer again?",

and of course I am....:D

What's she expect, she's the one who got me a MrBeer kit for Christmas. ;)

When the guy leading the brewery tour asks you the questions.

(it was about pasteurization)

:p That's great...

Pasteurization, in bottle? I had to do this recently, I miscalculated the amount of DME to bottle condition with. I knew something was amiss when my plastic test bottles we rock hard after one or two days... :rolleyes:

When the one thing you're waiting for the postman to deliver doesn't arrive. But the new rifle that's coming in for pick up is on schedule. Gonna go postal on small game, then wonder what home brew will pair with it!...:mug:

When the one thing you're waiting for the postman to deliver doesn't arrive. But the new rifle that's coming in for pick up is on schedule. Gonna go postal on small game, then wonder what home brew will pair with it!...:mug:

You use a rifle for homebrewing? Man, I've been doing it wrong. ;)

When you cruise the trash can aisle of the local big box store...again...for just the right can for your portable kegerator.

^ When you say that, & it sometimes takes some convincing to get that third hand involved. But buy her something she needs or wants when you pick up something you want or need...those ears are more willing to listen! :mug:

Next weekend is our 39th. Been buying each other stuff, got steaks in the freezer, & gonna buy some seafood to go with in the pit!...

Only an 8? Should have gone for it and got a 15! I am thinking of upgrading my 15 to a 20 for the 10 gallon batches!

When your husband asks you want you want for 25th wedding anniversary and laughs when you say an 8 gallon Tall Boy kettle instead of jewelry. Well it was silver colored so technically it was appropriate.

We usually brew 1 to 2.5 gallon BIAB batches. Occasionally I will do a 5 gallon batch but it's just the two of us and I really enjoy the process and like to brew more often. Average brew time on small batch is less than 3 hours including clean up so it is perfect for us. I'll leave the heavy lifting to others :)

About 15x200 ft.

grew it at a friends farm. The barley is the green in the picture the amber is wheat

IMG_20160614_174839_297(1).jpg

IMG_20160614_174950_992(1).jpg

You admit in a self introduction for class that you're a homebrewer, and the German foreign exchange students come up to you after class and ask for samples.

When you find that Starsan is great for cleaning a glass desk. And PBW for cleaning sudden stains in the carpet. PBW solution can work better than carpet cleaner...

When you inform your family the hot water heater wont be on for the next few hours because you'll be using the 240VAC on that breaker.
I used to do that with the stove while the basement brewery was being built... didn't go over too well. ;)

Kal

...when you get your exercise for the day "marching up and down the stairs" in search of your equipment....is it upstairs after I brewed last Sunday? or did I forget myself and actually put it away downstairs? Trying to rack the dandelion wine....

...when you get your exercise for the day "marching up and down the stairs" in search of your equipment....is it upstairs after I brewed last Sunday? or did I forget myself and actually put it away downstairs? Trying to rack the dandelion wine....

My brew storage closet is in the garden level basement and I usually brew outside on my patio, which is down a flight of steps.

I once wore my fit bit while brewing and I climbed something like 23 stories one day! I have now either gotten more organized and/or brew on my deck!

Back