Yet another DYI Plato scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Below is the error message shown in brewflasher.
It says hash of data is verified,doesnt that mean the flash was successful ?

After flashing kegmon v0.6 with erase off the board now is connected to my wifi network and replies to pings.
When entering kegmon IP address into browser I get a connection refused error with both versions.
Have tried chrome and firefox browsers.
Flashed a second ESP32-S2 mini board with the same result,any ideas ?

ESP32-S2 Error.png

Below is the error message shown in brewflasher.
It says hash of data is verified,doesnt that mean the flash was successful ?

After flashing kegmon v0.6 with erase off the board now is connected to my wifi network and replies to pings.
When entering kegmon IP address into browser I get a connection refused error with both versions.
Have tried chrome and firefox browsers.
Flashed a second ESP32-S2 mini board with the same result,any ideas ?

View attachment 821552
I get the same output when flashing v0.7 so it looks good. Can you hook it up to a serial monitor to see what the log output is ? I use a software called CoolTerm

If its connected to the wifi you should be able to open the web ui

Can you believe it ?

After getting connection refused error on firefox and chrome using win10,after opening the kegmon webinterface on my old win8 PC,it now works on the win10 PC browsers as well.

Thanks for your assistance @mper

Can you believe it ?
This is my life - I believe anything. The challenge is when something like this happens, and you are forced to explain it concisely to a client and prove to them it will never happen again. I'm sure mper is happy we don't have to do that here.

I've been playing around with the companion app for kegmon and I've added an inventory view that shows all the active brews that exist in Brewfather as a complement to the brews on tap. I use this to show what brews I have in bottles.

The project can be found here; GitHub - mp-se/kegmonapp

I'm still working on the documenation for this app but let me know what you think. Its available in the latest dockerimage, kegmonapp:latest.

1686169730984.png

Last edited:
I am running kegmon on a D1 mini with dual 20 x 4 LCD's and HX711 boards,the DS18B20 is not connected.
When powering up the board it oftens stops with one display displaying kegmon loading and does respond to ping requests, but goes no further,after power cycling a few times it boots correctly.
Has anyone else had this issue ?
I have tried different power supplies and added additional decoupling caps with no improvement,any ideas ?

@mper Could you please add a display option so the first LCD shows the 2 graphs and the second LCD shows number of pours,IP address,connected AP,etc that alternates showing tap 1 then tap 2 stats ?

Cheers

I am running kegmon on a D1 mini with dual 20 x 4 LCD's and HX711 boards,the DS18B20 is not connected.
When powering up the board it oftens stops with one display displaying kegmon loading and does respond to ping requests, but goes no further,after power cycling a few times it boots correctly.
Has anyone else had this issue ?
I have tried different power supplies and added additional decoupling caps with no improvement,any ideas ?

@mper Could you please add a display option so the first LCD shows the 2 graphs and the second LCD shows number of pours,IP address,connected AP,etc that alternates showing tap 1 then tap 2 stats ?

Cheers

I have added the request to the 0.7.1 version that i just released. Choose the "Graph (One display)" option and the data should be as you requested. Let me know if you want changes.

I have built a new case, flashed it with 0.7.1 and saved a backup file.
I modified a copy to match settings of the old case.
When restoring, I got this peculiar error message:
restore-error-20230912.png

The header of the modified backup file is definitely correct:
backup-file-20230912.png

I get the same error message when trying to restore the "original" backup file.
Is it me, or is something else not quite correct?

Are you trying to restore the data to the same esp board or a new board?

The ID in the config needs to match the ID of the esp board (chip) or it will not work. If you are restoring to a new board you need to manually edi the ID field to match the new device id. The ID can be found on the index page.

The plan was to restore data from old to new board.
Yes, I did change the ID to match the new board.
As a "foolproof" test, I made a backup of the new board and tried to restore it again unchanged. Same error.
Could it be related to the fresh install, with scales not yet calibrated?
And I wondered why I got a GravityMon error message in KegMon

The plan was to restore data from old to new board.
Yes, I did change the ID to match the new board.
As a "foolproof" test, I made a backup of the new board and tried to restore it again unchanged. Same error.
Could it be related to the fresh install, with scales not yet calibrated?
And I wondered why I got a GravityMon error message in KegMon
You probably get gravitymon since I copied the feature from there and forgot to change that place...

I looked at the code and if the ID is wrong you would get an message about that.

There is probably some invalid data in the file that cannot be processed when its tries to upload the data. Can you share the file with me so I can check ? You can send it via PM

Hi Magnus,
Great work! The option for a BME280 is a good choice. A great sensor.

I have one issue after the ESP32s2 v0.8.0 upgrade:
The 20x4 displays are updating really slow. I can almost see character by character being displayed.
Web interface is ok. V0.7.1 was also ok.

No problems with a similar box containing 0.96" OLEDs

Hi Magnus,
Great work! The option for a BME280 is a good choice. A great sensor.

I have one issue after the ESP32s2 v0.8.0 upgrade:
The 20x4 displays are updating really slow. I can almost see character by character being displayed.
Web interface is ok. V0.7.1 was also ok.

No problems with a similar box containing 0.96" OLEDs
Well the BME280 is a user contribution not really sure how well that will work over a long connection to the scale base. I will still recommend the DS18B20 since that is designed to work over long cables.

On the LCD issue that is really strange since I have not changed that code. But it looks like its performing better when reverting to an order Arduino version. You can try this version and see that solves your problem kegmon/bin/firmware32s2.bin at dev · mp-se/kegmon

Well the BME280 is a user contribution not really sure how well that will work over a long connection to the scale base. I will still recommend the DS18B20 since that is designed to work over long cables.

On the LCD issue that is really strange since I have not changed that code. But it looks like its performing better when reverting to an order Arduino version. You can try this version and see that solves your problem kegmon/bin/firmware32s2.bin at dev · mp-se/kegmon
Yes, that version solved it. Thankyou!

As for the BME280: Agree. Could be a challenge with the sensor on a 2m Cat6 + two displays on the same I2C. At least you need to run SDA/GND and SCL/GND on different pairs to reduce interference.
I have only been running a BME280 as a single unit on 10cm cable to an ESP32 Devkit

The display problem is an issue in the arduino code so I have reverted to the last version and updated the release.

Could someone please give me the addresses to flash the firmware and partitions files to for an ESP32 S2 board over USB.

I have bought ESP32 S2 boards from 2 different vendors and can get neither of them to programme using webflasher or brewflasher.

Webflasher does not detect the boards at all and brewflasher appears to flash the board and wifi manager AP appears but after connected to my wifi AP an IP address is obtained and replies to pings but web interface times out with rows of blocks on the LCD's.

I am getting the boards into programming mode and can successfully flash a LED blink sketch from arduino IDE.

Dont know what else to try,

ESP8266 build is working perfectly from brewflasher

Could someone please give me the addresses to flash the firmware and partitions files to for an ESP32 S2 board over USB.

I have bought ESP32 S2 boards from 2 different vendors and can get neither of them to programme using webflasher or brewflasher.

Webflasher does not detect the boards at all and brewflasher appears to flash the board and wifi manager AP appears but after connected to my wifi AP an IP address is obtained and replies to pings but web interface times out with rows of blocks on the LCD's.

I am getting the boards into programming mode and can successfully flash a LED blink sketch from arduino IDE.

Dont know what else to try,

ESP8266 build is working perfectly from brewflasher
What boards did you buy ? s2 mini or something else ? which version of brewflasher did you try ?

I have the purple S2 mini boards from 2 different vendors, one type appears to be a genuine lolin board and used brewflasher ver 1.7.0

I have the purple S2 mini boards from 2 different vendors, one type appears to be a genuine lolin board and used brewflasher ver 1.7.0
The S2 board can be a little tricky to program. I tried Brewflasher 1.7 and the first attempt fails but when the device goes into programming mode it changes the serial port number (mine changed from COM6 -> COM7). I selected COM7 in brewflasher and then tried to flash again. The second time it worked fine.

Latest posts

Back