Replacement firmware for iSpindel (GravityMon)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the device is not calibrated it should go into configuration mode automatically so can you check the serial output and see what the log states? If this is a gyro issue it will report that as an error. What pins are your gyro connected to ?

gyroscope:
VCC > 33
GND > 25
SCL > 26
SDA > 27

input pin to condig: 13 - 15

Attachments

• log_gravity.jpg
    log_gravity.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
The log output looks fine, thats the normal output but not the final part of the startup procedure. Do you have a "web server started later on?" The pins looks good also.
I think not, in a few hours I'll prove it to you since I'm no longer at home and I'll update you. thx

I think not, in a few hours I'll prove it to you since I'm no longer at home and I'll update you. thx
If you dont get any more output then its most likely related to some issue with the gyro hardware or the i2c bus used for communication. I dont think this is a software problem.

If you dont get any more output then its most likely related to some issue with the gyro hardware or the i2c bus used for communication. I dont think this is a software problem.
Hello good. I can enter!
But do I have to maintain the crossover between both pins and restart from the esp reset button? it's right? Is it not possible without pressing the reset button?

Hello good. I can enter!
But do I have to maintain the crossover between both pins and restart from the esp reset button? it's right? Is it not possible without pressing the reset button?
It will check the pins at startup so you will need to do a reset

It will check the pins at startup so you will need to do a reset
It doesn't do anything, with the pins it only comes in if I cross the pins or restart at the same time.
But nothing happens, it also enters the configuration if I leave it at 90 degrees, it is enough for me, I was looking to be able to enter the configuration without opening it

thank you

Attachments

• Pill.jpeg
    Pill.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 0
hi I have put two devices together based on the esp8266, I calibrated for 90 degrees on the horizontal then treated it on the vertical, one read 39 degrees and the other 50, is this normal or do I have a problem?
can I calibrate them like this if I set it at 25 degrees using a proportional value based on the difference between the horizontal and vertical values?

hi I have put two devices together based on the esp8266, I calibrated for 90 degrees on the horizontal then treated it on the vertical, one read 39 degrees and the other 50, is this normal or do I have a problem?
can I calibrate them like this if I set it at 25 degrees using a proportional value based on the difference between the horizontal and vertical values?
looks like there is a problem, you should be able to get the full range between 0-90 degrees. What pcb are you using? Is the orientation of the gyro correct? Does it work with the standard ispindle firnware?

hi @mper just updating my problem hopefully for anyone else having similar problems. after testing on Ispindel software and getting similar results and also the same on the gravitymon software and a esp32c3 build with the same issue I found I had to place the mpu6950 completely horizontal on all planes to get the correct calibration and 0 to 90 degrees of movement, I hadn't realized this when setting up initially and just had it level in the container which had the chip resting at an angle off horizontal. all is correct now thanks.

Latest posts

Back