Yellow lidded Oxiclean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exbrit

Reaction score
I have some ancient bottles that needed cleaning so i looked on the search here and found people recommend Oxiclean.

The only oxiclean i could find last night was the yellow lidded one (that i believe has fragrance) The stuff works great. I soaked the 25 year old bottles last night in cold water and the old labels and gunk are coming right out.

My question is: Do you suggest i make sure i rinse the bottles more thoroughly because im not using the unscented oxiclean? Will i still be ok using the other kind? I'm a bit worried after seeing the threads about this, after the fact. lol

Thanks

I use the fragrance-free, chlorine-free version. Also, most sterilizing rinses require that you thoroughly rinse the equipment good after cleaning, because they can react with other chemicals that may hang around after you wash. Chlorine, in particular.

the oxiclean with fragrance will work also. make sure you rinse very well, but even the fragarance free stuff requires a thourough rince.

Back