yeastcalc.com is down :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
haven't used mrmalty in a long time, and it's horrible compared to yeast calc, hopefully they get their URL back soon.

I posted in a couple other similar threads, I tried to contact the author/owner of yeastcalc.com, and haven't got a response. If anyone has better contact info than whois or a PM here, let me know.

In the meantime, i "borrowed" the calculator and posted on another site:

http://www.yeastcalculator.com/

I'm going to try to get the original URL as well if i can. Expect the website to change a little bit in the next few days (add the left menu back, change it so it isn't flash, credit the original author, etc.), but unless the yeastcalc.com author gets his site back online or asks me to take mine down feel free to use it.

I posted in a couple other similar threads, I tried to contact the author/owner of yeastcalc.com, and haven't got a response. If anyone has better contact info than whois or a PM here, let me know.

I'm going to try to get the original URL as well if i can. Expect the website to change a little bit in the next few days (add the left menu back, change it so it isn't flash, credit the original author, etc.), but unless the yeastcalc.com author gets his site back online or asks me to take mine down feel free to use it.

That link doesn't work for me

It is in flash, so it won't work on iPhone. I don't think it works on Android without some tweaking, either. But it will work fine on a desktop, like the original yeastcalc did.

For those that it isn't working for, can any of you tell me what kinds of errors you might be getting? I'm really just a hack with websites, so I'm sure there's something in there that isn't working right.

That said, it does use flash, so if you're accessing it from a device (ipad, iphone) that doesn't support that, it will not work. The same would be true for the original website.

Do you have contact info, I attempted to reach him as well with no luck. I love the calculator so much I was going to offer to host it on my site.

Good deal getting it up and running!

For those that it isn't working for, can any of you tell me what kinds of errors you might be getting? I'm really just a hack with websites, so I'm sure there's something in there that isn't working right.

It looks to me like the domain registration was allowed to expire. Whoever originally sold the domain to the owner took it back and changed the DNS entries to point to a generic site which effectively takes the site down. If anyone had the IP address of the site it would likely still work.

I'm not sure if the whois information that is currently attached to the record is the old owner or whoever took it back from them.

Do you have contact info, I attempted to reach him as well with no luck. I love the calculator so much I was going to offer to host it on my site.

Good deal getting it up and running!

I tried with the info i had and got no response. Probably the same outdated info you tried. :)

How do you save an offline copy?

Most browsers have an option to 'Save As...' in their file menu. The regular old 'Save as...' that's been around since... forever... is the one I'm referring to. Using that, and making sure it's an offline webpage or web archive or MHT file should work. Then you can open that file with your browser, or simply drag/drop that file into your browser when you want to use it.

It works great!

I was about to give up homebrewing when I saw YeastCalc was down the other week. Thank god for that guy linking to archive.org. I saved the webpage and can use locally. Whew.

Back