Yeast question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damnyankee

Reaction score
I just brewed my second batch of Wayne's Blue Moon clone. HOWEVER, I instead of grabbing my WLP400 out of the fridge, I misread the label and pitched WLP300 instead *DOH!!!!*

This is the first time I've used WLP300 - the airlock in my fermenter is bubbling a couple times a second (wow!!!) but I'm worried this yeast in this style of brew will make the brew a spitter.

What are my options here?

A. Add WLP400 to compete with WLP300

B. Reheat the wort in the fermentor to kill WLP300, cool, then repitch WLP400 and DME

C. Just leave it be - it'll turn out fine

D. Other

Thanks for your expertise in advance!

DY

It won't be a Wit beer but don't see why you should have any problems drinking it. I'd plan on just brewing another Wit.

Hey Yankee,

I would just let it go and see how it turns out. Really using that yeast should produce something pretty good, although not the same as what your first batch would have been. I want to see someone go with option B., but I would never recommend that. :confused:

Latest posts

Back