yeast in bottle with beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvery37

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Blichman beer gun and filled about 10 gallons worth of bottles with it. Half was cider and the other half was a stout. Both were fully aged and the cider was crystal clear. The stout was 5 months old. After filling the bottles I sat them in a closet to age some more. I have noticed a very light dusting of yeast on the bottom of the bottles with both the stout and the cider. Is there any way to avoid this? The liquid was cooled and the bottles were cooled prior to filling. I was hoping to have no sediment at all in the bottles. The beer gun works great and is easy to use.

Filter your product before filling the bottles. It's the only way to get all the yeast out of there that I can think of. Filter before going into the keg I mean

I wasn't sure if that was normal. It's not enough yeast to matter and the beer is clear.

Back