Yeah I messed up-but can it be fixed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yo416

Reaction score
:(So hello people... here's what I did: My friend really really wanted to learn how to brew so I decide to do an all grain brown ale. Everything is going great racked my two other beers and start my hops schedule. I thought the recipe said 19 oz of high acidity hops. In actuality it said .19 oz. (The hops I used were 9%) The mistake was not discovered untill my roommates decided to brew today and then I discovered that I used way to many hops and I dont think the beer will be drinkable. Any suggestions? :eek:

It'll be drinkable, you can't get more than ~100-120 IBU into a beer. If you want something less hoppy, you'll have to make a beer with very little hops and blend them.

Do you like any of the extreme hopped beers? Pliney, HopSlam, etc?

Imperial brown ale!

It'll be pretty hoppy, but probably drinkable. Hop bitterness falls over over time so if it's too bitter for you, age it. Try one every few months and it'll mellow out and be a great beer eventually, if not right away.

I love them. My roommate makes an awesome 2 heartedish beer.... I prefer really strong black beers too... Im new to brewing it though Ive done a bunch of kits browns reds and stouts but Im new to all grains....
Yeah Im thinking my best bet is to just leave it sit for a while untill it mellowes out...

Latest posts

Back