yay I'm kegging!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dycokac

Reaction score
Got my 2 used cornies yesterday, as well as the rest of the missing hardware I need (still need my second beer line, and a manifold).

Man is it nice not to have to wash so many bottles. Minus time to drill holes in my fridge and clean/lube/sanitise my first keg/line/tap I'm going to really enjoy this! it took me about 30 minutes to get it from my carboy to to the keg.

That and my last Dunkle Hefe turned out about exactly what I was looking for (atleast while flat and luke warm :) ) managed the right ammount of banana esters and it's still bitter enough. I hope I can reproduce it.

So far it's hooked up real simple, one line from the CO2 to the corny, and one line from the faucet to the corny, and no leaks :)

Though I'm going to have to take out the one shelve if i want any more than 2 kegs live at a time.

here's a pic of sanitiser flow'n through the faucet.
fridge.jpg

Kegging is great! I've got 3 gallons of specialty beverages that I have to bottle & it's been so long that my auto-siphon is fubar.

david_42 said:
Kegging is great! I've got 3 gallons of specialty beverages that I have to bottle & it's been so long that my auto-siphon is fubar.

I was going to use my racking cane for the DIY bottling gun :)

Though while filling my first one here, i can see how depending on how you plan and how well you siphon, an extra six pack is definately possible. I'm going to have to look into primetabs. I looked at them when i started bottling, but they are a bit pricey for bottling

sirsloop said:
Get yourself a couple extra cornies and you'll be enjoying well aged ale's in no time!

that's part of the plan. So far I've about mastered hefe's, now I need to turn to something that uses age, and I'm thinking I want to try a kolsch next.

Back