Wyeast/AHS Greenbelt Yeast Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie16wb

Reaction score
For our latest batch we felt like doing an IPA and I ended up getting the AHS Greenbelt Double IPA (Austin Homebrew Supply).

We usually buy the kit from the internet and then buy the yeast from our local homebrew store/club (which is five minutes away and awesome) because we like to give them business and they're cheaper on yeast than anywhere we've found on the internet. Anyway, the point is that when I purchased the kit I read but obviously didn't comprehend that the Wyeast Greenbelt yeast used for this kit was an AHS exclusive so I can't buy it at my store.

So the question is: Is it worth paying the extra 50 cents or a dollar for the yeast + $7.99 for shipping or should I just buy a yeast from the store?

If the latter any suggestions on which to use?

As always thanks a bunch for any answers, it's really nice to have this place around to bounce my dumb questions off.

+1 to this question for me as well. How does this yeast differ from something like 1056?

You can make the kit with other yeast. The recipe was designed for Greenbelt yeast.

Forrest

Back