Wyeast 5151-PC Brett c

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipapat

Reaction score
So i have seen a few threads here and there about making all brett c beers.
Anyone had any luck with this?

If so grain bills and finished flavor profiles would be nice.

My local home brew shop just ordered me in a pack and im wondering what too brew with it.

:mug:

I had good luck with the White Labs Brett C strain. I did a couple "clones" of Mo Betta Bretta, mostly pils with a bit of Munich/oats/carapils and some acid malt to lower the pH and give the Brett some acid to esterify. Light on the hops. I also did a hoppier mini-saison, pils with some wheat and hopped with a few doses of Mt Hood and Sterling.

I had good luck pushing the WL strain up into the high 70s, but with Wyeast Brett A those same temps gave me lots of rubber. Not sure how their Brett C takes the higher temps, so I would probably keep it around 70 for the first beer. Making a big starter is also important for 100% Brett beers since their growth can be slower than Sacch.

Good luck.

good too know looks like ill be starting a starter this week.

just did my first brett C beer this weekend. i'll let you know how it goes in the up & coming months. it's funny i thought i used brett B, but i got home and looked and it's brett C. i used white labs, though, not wyeast. the recipe (partial mash) used some crystal and torrified wheat to help feed the brett as well as kiwi's in the primary.

Latest posts

Back