• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Looking for 15 gal Sanke Keg in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_Club

Reaction score
I've been checking craigslist everyday and have even posted a wanted ad there...no luck. I'm just outside of Chicago and looking for a 15 gal sanke keg to use for brewing. If anybody on here could help, it would be much appreciated. :mug:

CL in chicago is pretty bad for home brew. It took me about 2 months to find two kegs.

Currently looking for corney kegs and have not seen any for a while.

CL in chicago is pretty bad for home brew. It took me about 2 months to find two kegs.

Currently looking for corney kegs and have not seen any for a while.
+1 on Chicago being picked over on CL. Check out the Chicago'land group http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Chicago_land_brewers there is some stuff posted there.

TKoS I have 2 pin lock for sale. They need some work but im not asking much ;) PM me if you are interested

BTW, I found a guy who cleans out old abandoned restaurants and we exchanged info a couple weeks ago. Of course he had just cleaned out a Bennigans that had 30 kegs and several commercial draft towers and gear and such the day before we met. He gave the stuff away. I told him a little piece of me died the moment he told me that.

Hopefully I hear from him soon and I'll let ya know Dan!

That would be great Randar. I'd be willing to "donate" a finder's fee to you for anything you can find.

At some point we'll have to have you guys over for dinner and homebrew. Probably this spring when there's less snow on the ground.

:off: Ouch, that's big talk coming from someone who only started brewing a couple years ago.

Well, I am thinking of doing a group brew with a big-ass all-grain batch if you're interested. I can do up to a 15g batches... so thinking of doing a group brew and then splitting into fermenters for "take home fermentation!"... you interested?

Oh, and it's not how long you've brewed, it the motion of your ocean!

Well, I am thinking of doing a group brew with a big-ass all-grain batch if you're interested. I can do up to a 15g batches... so thinking of doing a group brew and then splitting into fermenters for "take home fermentation!"... you interested?
Can I play :ban:

I might have an extra for sale..I have the top cut off and holes drilled already..hope thats not a problem..It has been cleaqn up and polished a bit. Im debating on making it a mash tun or selling it..Let me know and I can send a pic.
\
I have midwest false bottom and few weldless fittings as well. I planned to use the keg as a mash tun but have been using my cooler as of right now and my other keg as the boil kettle.

Jay

I might have an extra for sale..I have the top cut off and holes drilled already..hope thats not a problem..It has been cleaqn up and polished a bit. Im debating on making it a mash tun or selling it..Let me know and I can send a pic.
\
I have midwest false bottom and few weldless fittings as well. I planned to use the keg as a mash tun but have been using my cooler as of right now and my other keg as the boil kettle.

Jay

I might be interested if nobody else is.

\

Jay

I'd be interested. Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

Anyone else watching have an extra keg for sale?
I'm interested in a 15 gal also..

sorry to hijack your thread OP..but I'm desperate too!

I'm still looking to sell one of mine. Top cut off and 2 holes drilled..Keg is polished and has been used a few times..Looking for 80$ Chicago area only.

Back