WOW! Hoprocket!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khugs21

Reaction score
Ok just tried my first brew using the hop rocket and wow is all i have to say. I used .5oz of columbus and cent. In the hoprocket and it has the best aroma i have ever seen from a homebrew and most comercial brews. No dry hopping for me any more.

It is a very cool device. It adds hop aroma after the boil and it also acts as a filter prior to my plate chiller. I have also used it strictly as a filter by filling it with rice hulls without the hops.

Been using one since xmas and nothing bad to say about it. I use it for almost every brew. Just finished a Black APA that i ran through 1/2 oz Centennial and 1 oz Willammette. Can't keep my face out of the glass.;)

It is a very cool device. It adds hop aroma after the boil and it also acts as a filter prior to my plate chiller. I have also used it strictly as a filter by filling it with rice hulls without the hops.
I love the rice hulls idea, I was considering the same thing with some aquarium filter floss.

Great to hear some positive feedback, I haven't used mine yet but am excited as I just did an all centennial IPA I'm going to serve at a party using it as a Randle full of fresh centennial.

I have looked at them in the past. It seems they built the thing backwards to me. Do you hang it upside down?

The top of the cone is the outlet. The flat part wich is the base can sit on the ground. I'm thinking about mounting mine in a fire extinguisher clamp.:mug:

That's an excellent idea. I just ran and tried and unfortunately the neck of my fire extinguisher is much wider than that of the hop rocket. The only thing I'd be worried about is if you're using a plastic hanger, if it would melt due to the heat.

That's an excellent idea. I just ran and tried and unfortunately the neck of my fire extinguisher is much wider than that of the hop rocket. The only thing I'd be worried about is if you're using a plastic hanger, if it would melt due to the heat.

I have also been thinking of the fire extinguisher clamp idea but I want to use one with a metal band clamp. While the Hoprocket does get very hot, I'm not sure if it would be hot enough to melt the plastic. The metal clamps just seem like they would hold up better in the long run.

Back