Worst Piece of Beer Equiptment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
I have to say the counter pressure bottle filler from MoreBeer is the worst piece of crap ever sold. After multiple tries and reading forum posts on how to, my bottles are half way full and much more beer just goes down the drain. I am going to throw the thing in the trash where it belongs. So much for entering the homebrew competition in a week.

Have you backed down your PSI on your regulator? That was the one mistake I realized I made on my own counter pressure filler. I've redone my system and haven't put it back together, but realized fat too late that there's no reason to push at 10 PSI if the beer is already carbonated.

Aeration stone. I had 4 kegs, and bought one for each keg to help carb my beer faster. I'd put hose on the air dip tube, and the stone on the end. And as long as the stone isn't clogged it probably does actually speed up carbing the keg. And the fun is also if the keg is under any pressure and you hook the air side on first pssssstttt, beer into your stone and up your air line, fun. Sometimes the hose would pop off and it's just floating in your keg now, oh the joys. And to clean the stone you can't touch it or the oil on your hands will clog the pores of the stone, but you somehow have to boil the stone for 20 minutes, in theory, they still ended up clogging on me. Just a massive pain for such little gain.

I've wondered if those bottle/carboy jet cleaners that you can attach to your sink are just junk. I can't ever see using something like that. If my bottle was that dirty I'd toss it. If my carboy is that dirty it needs to soak in PBW.

Am I missing how this turned to aeration stones?

Also, the jet washers that attach to your sink are great for rinsing bottles. Give em a quick blast before they go in the PBW to remove what you can, then a quick blast when they come out to finish the job.

Latest posts

Back