Workin on my first Brew - Pics and a Thank You

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatwad

Reaction score
Thanks much to all of you dudes for helpin out a n00b. I've learned a ****load in 4 weeks, have made some mistakes with my first brew, but have mis-stepped WAY more than a few mistakes thanks to you guys.

I brewed a North Coast IPA clone about a month ago. Thanks to you all, I left it in primary for 4 full weeks. Gravity checked out right on , three days in a row. So I commenced bottling. It was actually kinda fun...I think my system was pretty dialed, again, thanks to photos and descriptions here and in the bottling section.

Here are a few pics... it's been a f-ing great time so far... patience has payed off, hope I can keep it "3 weeks at 70 deg" , that'll be the hardest part. Waiting.

Couldn't RDWHAHB, so I went with a Lodi wine instead..

photo%2812%29.JPG

Gravity passed inspection
photo%289%29.JPG

Long story, I actually fermented in my bottling bucket, so I had to rack and bottle from carboy...not bad
photo%2811%29.JPG

Bottled and ready to wait
photo%2810%29.JPG

Obviously I had to sample it... It was freakin dynamite! Great aroma already, nice smell of peach, honey, apricot, really fruity, not too piney hoppy. Sweet and delicious, nice bittering on the end. I can't wait to try it in three weeks, cold and hopefully carbonated...

down the hatch!
photo%288%29.JPG

Thanks again, this site is unbelievable!

Meatwad

Your off to a good start with patience.I dont think i lasted til before 2 weeks when i had to crack one open.Brew some more in the mean time,it helps to sustain patience.

Thanks fellas, I am gonna brew up another one real soon, workin on a recipe for a Brown Ale...and I'll be gone for two weeks, so that's gonna help keep the mind at bay.

oh, and

Mmmm......nothing like warm, flat beer out of a measuring cup!

lol

Meatwad

I hear ya Meat. this site has helped me a ton as well. Hey i am just south of you in stockton. Anyway this is the third most addicting hobby ever behind fishing and blasting jack rabbits. I am now starting a fermentation chamber and will be swimming in beer come summer.

Back