Workhorse (M10)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikertrash

Reaction score
I made an IPA (OG 1.066) with Mangrove Jack M10 Workhorse yeast on 12/18/13. Wondering if anyone else is having similar experiences with this yeast?

I dry pitched, no starter, at 64° and it was cranking good for a week or so before it stalled out @1.022. I brought the temp up to around 74°F and roused the yeast to no avail. So, I just let it sit for a week at 74 before I dry hopped, (still @ 1.022) it had cleared up nicely but a bit sweet. I hopped and waited 5 days. When I went to check FG before kegging it's active again with a small hoppy cap, yeasty & cloudy. Now down to 1.014, I'm going to leave it at 74 till it's complete (again). Anyone else have a beer totally stop and clear only to start again after a dry hop?

Very temperamental for a yeast called workhorse! It's range is supposed to be 60-90, perhaps i'll try it again this summer closer to 90.

Back