Work or drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
I'm at the cusp. I got in some good hours of work since I got up at 5am. Now I've just had a nap. I am ready to do more work and finish the week earlier, or I can sink a few pints and just be a bum for the rest of the day.

My brain says work, my heart says bum. My appendix says "Why am I here? What is my purpose in life?"

I'm still waiting to hear from my pancreas, so in the meantime I thought I would ask you guys. Work or drink?

Haha oh the dilemmas faced by the home brewer. I think normally in this case I would say work, only because maybe that means more uninterrupted time for drinking later in the week. But sometimes you just need a good midweek break too nothing wrong with that!

It's one of those weird things about working from home. You can wake up in the middle of the night and start work, and that's great, but you still feel guilty about slacking off during normal work hours. I am like a zoo bred puma let into the wild, or a caged falcon broken free at last, or a middle-aged twonk wondering what to do this afternoon.

I'm probably more of the latter than the former. :)

Katerina Hartlova <-----------Don't Google that. Seriously, if you are work, just don't

Decision is made. I'll drink for half an hour and see what happens. I'm fairly sure I know what will happen, but I can always pretend to myself that I have that choice, right?

So here's the question then. "Can I give up work now and get ****faced, or should I keep plugging away for a little while longer to get my week's worth of work done earlier so I can get ****faced for more days at the end of the week?"

Instant verses delayed ****facedness.

So are you saying that Katerina Hartlova (I did google...whoa nellie) is what you're working on like painting her or something? Or are you just wanking off now?

So here's the question then. "Can I give up work now and get ****faced, or should I keep plugging away for a little while longer to get my week's worth of work done earlier so I can get ****faced for more days at the end of the week?"

Instant verses delayed ****facedness.

You are sort of correct, but at the weekend, the missus will be home, so I'm looking more at Friday to get sh1tfaced. ;)

So are you saying that Katerina Hartlova (I did google...whoa nellie) is what you're working on like painting her or something? Or are you just wanking off now?

I came across her videos in the course of my work (Honestly!) But what can I say, I bookmarked that page, then googled.....I now have an unhealthy obsession that can only lead to a trip to Europe, a restraining order, then imprisonment. :(

haha, not going to fall for that search...

Now that I'm home and enjoying homebrew, I would vote for enjoying the homebrew! Provided you can do it and not feel guilty, because otherwise the feelings of guilt will be only magnified.

ookkk I assume that is why this is in the drunken ramblings forum haha. All body parts have a purpose. Whether man understands and knows what those are is an entirely different question. Though the male nipples are good question ...

I chose beer tonight. Took the night off for a few beers with those I love instead of working with those I barely like.

Back