Women crave sweet, men crave savory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman768

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I knew it...

In the article, it says not only do men crave savory foods, but that men crave their comfort foods when they are already happy. While women, on the other hand, tend to crave sweet foods and eat them when they are sad/stressed.

Also, it seems that women feel guilty after indulging in their comfort foods while men don't.

I rarely crave sweet unless I just ate some salty chips or something. I don't feel guilty about what I eat until I see how much my gut has grown. But the wife says she likes my weight gain. She hasn't said she likes it more than rippling abs though...

interesting-when brewing my porter, I tasted it at all the stages. before the 1st hops addition, it tasted very sweet to me, i thought ("oh s*$t, this is gonna be lame!") my lady, of coarse, loved it. then, at the end of the boil, i thought the bitterness of the hops cuts through the sweetness very nicely. yeah, she hated it-too bitter. whatever- my beer, my rules.

Back