WLP862 Cry Havoc

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this yeast strain? It winter time where I am from so I can ferment anywhere from 45 degrees up to 70 degrees depending on how high i crank the heat in the garage. This is sure a blessing as I take advantage to brew kolsh, maibock,etc..etc..with lower temps.

I just bought a vial of WLP862 Cry Havoc and am wondering if anybody has any specific experience with it. If so, what style of beer and fermentation temp suits this yeasts strong points? I was thinking a pale ale grain bill with perle and sterling hops fermented at 55-60 just to test the yeast out but that is kinda of boring.

Never used this myself but some of the comments from the White Labs page tell of it working great for an IPA and also recommended for American Light Lagers so I would expect it to work well with a Pale Ale. Should be a nice and clean strain.

I used it a long time ago, worked good even though it was "Expired". Started it and did fine. It was a while ago, wish I could help more with temps and stuff but I can't recall. I don't remember anything bad about it.

I made an American Stout with it and fermented in the mid 60s. It turned out fantastic.

Never used it, but I do know it was developed by Charlie Papazian from a keg of Budweiser, and it is the yeast he used for every recipe in "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" so I would imagine it is good for a variety of different beer styles

Latest posts

Back