WLP773 Scottish Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivalry15

Reaction score
Anyone manage to get their hand on this yeast vault item? I've been waiting a while and there are 84 left to go before they ship.

Cider season is done for me. If it's still around come October I'll order some.

Bashista Orchards in Easthampton, Mass. is pressing a hard cider blend next weekend. I'm gonna do one more batch and since it's warming up I'm gonna try Belle Saison yeast.

Oh are they now????? I may have to make a run over there. What day are they pressing? Any idea if it is UV pasteurized or just straight up fresh cider?

I called them today. They want the carboys there by Thursday night or Friday, just call ahead so they can plan for how many gallons you want. All I have is ss brew buckets so I hope that will do.

"This cider blend is an exciting blend of two of our favorite ale strains and one wine strain. Unlike a lot of ale strains that typically dry out most ciders, this unique blend of Saccharomyces strains still leave some residual sweetness for the perfect mouthfeel. This strain is perfect for those looking for a still cider with some lingering apple characteristic or a dryer sparkling cider. ".

Sounds good to me! I ordered one up

What does attenuation mean when you are fermenting fructose, sucrose or glucose?

Ask White Labs. It's a cider yeast, I'm sure they know what sugars it eats.

And some ale strains will leave residual sugars behind, even with cider. S-04 is known to quit off dry at about 1.004. So, not all yeasts will go 100% even with 100% fermentable sugars.

You should be able to get if off that page, the vault site. If not it may be closed out. Try calling them.

They come in the new plastic package. No more tubes. Should last in the fridge no problem for a little while at least

I'll let you know when it shows up. I'm half thinking of ordering another right away, just incase it turns out really good.

resurrection! got my vial from the vault. Ordered Jan, charged Feb, delivered Mar....2018!

O.K. I got some fresh juice the end of March. Pitched the yeast + nutrients + pectin enzyme. Primary took a couple of weeks down to 1.006. Secondary two months down to 1.000. Not a lot of flavor but it is different. Not sweet tasting but not bland dry. Ironically, it’s still not clear. Just a slight haze. Put some in a 2.5 gal. Corny. The rest in two 1 gal. jugs under air locks. See if it clears any more.

Latest posts

Back