WLP096 FrankenYeast Blend...anyone try it yet??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealthfixr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pouch of this yeast and not sure what to use it in. I would really appreciate any thoughts or comments by anyone who has used this. I usually brew with competition in mind, so I am completely unsure what style this might be most viable in (or not). Thank you in advance!

WL link here: WLP096 | FrankenYeast Blend

The seller can't even come up with any ideas!
1700166123462.png

Jeeze, 11 gallons of 1.100 barley wine wort would require 5 of the 70ml pouches at their default 0.76M cells/Ml/°P - and seven for a 1M pitch rate (more reasonable for a barley wine imo). That's a lot of yeast $$! :oops:

Anyway, I'm left wondering if they just pulled together a bunch of production tails. Funny they don't list which strains are in the pouch so one might be able to come up with a clue on the outcome...

Cheers!

Hahaha!
But that presumes the product doesn't change over time. Who knows what a "Frankenstein Yeast" might comprised of from batch to batch...

Cheers!

Back