Wine dispensing question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewshopmike

Reaction score
So I had a thought... could I take a corny, cut it in half, have a new ss bottom welded on and use it for wine dispensing using nitrogen instead of CO2? I'm trying to come up with a less expensive alternative to the wicked expensive wine dispensers. So basically a home keg setup using a smaller corny and nitrogen. Any thoughts or comments? :confused:

You'd be better off buying a 2.5 gallon cornie, as they are very thin and tough to weld.

I put wine in standard cornies and use 2 psi of CO2 to dispense. Not ideal, but it works for me.

Cornelius Keg........ Used by Pepsi and other soft drink companies to hold the syrup to be dispensed as soda. Pepsi and others are now using other types of dispensing equipment and the corny's are readily available to be used as kegs for home brew and wine and hard lemonade and homemade soda and on and on and on.

1%205%20Gallon%20Keg_thumb.jpg

Salute! :mug:

Latest posts

Back