Wine cooler fermentation chamber run on Inkbird.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadalus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am wanting to cut out all the controls and extra electronics on a Haier wine cooler so that I can just run it off an Inkbird. Basically I just want the cooler to turn on with the Inkbird. Hopefully a simple question but I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

Here is the model and circuit diagram. I don't want the control panel to work or the light as the light gets in the way and isn't necessary and the control panel resets and overrides my Inkbird settings sometimes.
1629669270520.jpeg
I think all I need to do is connect the two white wires that are circled in red. The one white is the neutral on the power cord and the other runs to the compressor. The black wire is the line in and the black to the compressor is connected directly to it. The black and white actually run to a box on the side of the compressor. What I am wondering is if inside the box is the starting relay and/or the F-motor protector? Is the complete bypass of the circuit board ok?
1629669284528.jpeg

First time attempt here. Thanks in advance for any assistance!
1629669328362.jpeg

It was the two white wires circled. I went ahead and connected those two and it was running fine off the temperature controller. I took out the light dome and this connection now bypasses the circuit board which ran the front panel display.

Back