Will you be braving the weather to see the lunar eclipse?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With a large portion of at least the eastern US being very cold, will you go outside to see the lunar eclipse? In my area it starts after 9:30, doesn't get full until after 11pm and doesn't end until 2:48 AM. It will not be so cold here. But in the Northeast it will be in the single digits.

Bright full moon right now that I can easily see out my front window. Later it will be too high to see out the front window.'' I think I will go out for a look now and then.

Was outside looking at the moon and saw an owl looking at me from atop the chimney. Kinda spooky because I didn't see it when I first went out.

Upper teens with single digit winds but clear skies. Went out for a bit right at the peak (12:15am or so). Woulda been better in the countryside but a mile from downtown DC it was still a lovely sight.

Fortunately off tomorrow instead of being up at 4am so I didn't have to miss it.

I missed the total eclipse. It was about 90% covered the last time I went out. In shorts and t-shirt. For a very short while. It was not that warm.

Fun watching it gradually being covered from the bottom up. About 10:30 there was just a crescent on the top and when I checked a little later it was a deep rusty red color. Very cool.

Missed the solar eclipse in '17, as it was overcast. Damned Minnesota gloom!

I stayed out with a neighbor from 10:30 until 2:45. I'm in north FL so it was cold for us (mid 30's) but not too bad in real life.
The eclipse was incredible though. I let the kids hang out until about 12:00. I think they will tell their kids one day.

I missed the whole thing! I looked out at the moon about 10 PM, then forgot about it. It was cold last night in FL, and I went to my nice warm bed with a book. Darn it!

I missed the whole thing! I looked out at the moon about 10 PM, then forgot about it. It was cold last night in FL, and I went to my nice warm bed with a book. Darn it!

Thought you wintered in Texas. Welcome to Sunny, but chilly for us, Florida.

Thought you wintered in Texas. Welcome to Sunny, but chilly for us, Florida.

We used to- but Hurricane Harvey took our rental house, along with most of our town. Recovery efforts, even after two years, are pathetic and it's going to take much longer for any sort of town to come back. We found a great place here in FL, and plan on coming here for the foreseeable future. COLD this AM when I took my morning neighborhood walk with the ladies. I think 35 degrees or so when I got up. But it's warming up nicely and I love the sunshine!

We used to- but Hurricane Harvey took our rental house, along with most of our town. Recovery efforts, even after two years, are pathetic and it's going to take much longer for any sort of town to come back. We found a great place here in FL, and plan on coming here for the foreseeable future. COLD this AM when I took my morning neighborhood walk with the ladies. I think 35 degrees or so when I got up. But it's warming up nicely and I love the sunshine!

Sorry to hear about the Texas house.... I'm up but I never get out of the house this early unless work of something special.....

Back