Will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigapinnc

Reaction score
I currently have a regulator on my co2 tank that I distribute out to a two valve manifold. I also have an extra regulator. Is it possible to run co2 through my other regulator into the manifold to add on another keg? If that makes sense. The extra regulator I have has a nipple on both sides of the regulator as well as the distributor at the bottom

Take the single regulator with tank fitting off the tank. Directly across from the portion that attaches to the tank there should be a gauge or pipe plug. Take that out. Screw the regulator that has two nipples into the hole you just opened. Remove the nipple that is now pointing out. Screw whatever was in the hole you made earlier into the hole left by the spare nipple. Attach another valve to the bottom of the new second regulator.

You can do it the way you envision, but your limited on how much pressure the second regulator can produce by the current regulated pressure. Going through the above steps will allow to set either to whatever pressure you need.

Make sure your second regulator is rated for high pressure and isn't just for secondary pressures. If it has the CGA tank adapter on it then you should be all set to pipe them together. Also make sure you get a nipple rated for 3000psi, not just one from Home Depot/Lowes.

Would the max allowable pressure available on the second regulator be a good indicator of pressure rating? Not to derail the thread just curious.

Back