Will this still work???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, if I get a new post, will any ball lock post fit the keg or are they brand specific? I'd check my other keg, but it's full of a tasty coffee stout!

As long as the O-ring isn't impacted, it should work.
I have a keg with an Out post with the same ding and it's been working fine for over 5 years.

The end that the disconnect attaches is standard - any gas QD will fit an In post, any Beer QD will fit an Out post. The threaded end varies considerably, however, so random posts are not interchangeable. If you go to replace that one, you need to match the threads...

Cheers!

As long as the O-ring isn't impacted, it should work.
I have a keg with an Out post with the same ding and it's been working fine for over 5 years.

The end that the disconnect attaches is standard - any gas QD will fit an In post, any Beer QD will fit an Out post. The threaded end varies considerably, however, so random posts are not interchangeable. If you go to replace that one, you need to match the threads...

Cheers!

Thanks, the O-ring is in good shape, the lip of the post just curls over it slightly as you can see in the pics. You lost me on what's interchangeable and what's not.

The threads on the posts are not consistent across all kegs. Your keg should have stamped on it the manufacturer and model, so just make sure you match that if/when you order a new post.

[...]You lost me on what's interchangeable and what's not.

I'll write slower ;)
Try this:

- the O-ring end of any In post will accept any Gas Quick Disconnect.
- the O-ring end of any Out post will accept any Liquid Quick Disconnect.

- the threaded end of any In post can vary from keg manufacturer/model to manufacturer/model. The In post from one keg may not fit another.
- the threaded end of any Out post can vary from keg manufacturer/model to manufacturer/model. The Out post from one keg may not fit another.

Cheers!

Thanks! I guess first thing is to hook it up and see if there are any audible leaks and then go from there!

I had the same problem with a post on a used keg, I changed the O-Ring and gave it some keg lube, still working well after 2 kegs. It is worth giving it a try. Good luck.

Back