Wild Yeast Testing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakesideBrewing

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've searched everywhere and can not find the info I'm looking for. I thought I saw here, years ago, someone that would test your yeast (beer) for you. You send them beer (and money) and they would give you a report on the yeast(s). Was this a dream?

I brewed with a coolship last year and the beer has been fermenting for a few months now. I would love to send out a sample of this beer to see what yeasts are at play. Does anyone know of such a service?

Thanks,
Mike

Hey, Thanks for the great link. I captured some wild yeast a few years ago that I have been using with great results, and that website looks like a perfect place to pass it on.

I too have captured wild yeast with this sites help. I have not been adventurous enough to brew with it yet. I did a few step up starters but never pitched it into anything other than DME. I keep saying soon...........but it still sits in a mason jar in the fridge.

Oh man, I JUST pitched my back yard yeast 2 weeks ago.

I too have had it sitting in the fridge for about a year now, stepping it up up from time to time.

It takes nerve to pitch it though.

Best of luck to all.

Back