Wild Yeast Exchange Market

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChugachBrewing

Reaction score
With all the recent mailing/receiving of yeasts, I was thinking a separate thread would be useful for exchanging yeasts of a wild nature. (maybe a sticky on top thing?) This way we're not hijacking the "ECY is posted on Love2Brew" thread.

The premise is, state what you are offering and what you want. I'm compiling a googledoc of what I have and I'll put it up here when I get done. Or anyone can just put out something they need, etc.

I feel important things to mention would be the yeast, the source, age, and the generation. Unless it is coolshipped, researching its origin shouldn't be too hard.

This is NOT intended to be a forum for selling yeast, just to mail back and forth. It generally costs me about $5 to send yeast to anyone in the country, and its definitely paid off.

If you're in need, these are an easy way to send a small sample for those who aren't slanting, etc: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PLMDVE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
This is fantastic! Thanks for starting the thread. I'll post what I've got available after I go through my stocks.

Well, that doesn't help! :)

Sorry, BryanThompson, I don't have either of those. If someone responds with the lacto, I'd be curious!

ChugachBrewing already mentioned my yeast exchange, which can be found here:
http://suigenerisbrewing.blogspot.ca/p/yeast-exchange.html

I have a large number of conventional and wild yeasts (not listed is an additional 35 yeasts currently being added to the bank; they should appear around Tuesday next week).

I also have a simple mailer system that allows yeasts to be exchanged using lettermail and nothing more than a bit of foil and paper (links within the above link). It has worked perfectly to-date, with a 100% exchange rate. ChugachBrewing and I just did an exchange, so he may be able to comment more on his impression of my mailer system.

I'm always happy to do either an exchange or to simply mail out a few yeasts to a budding collector.

I don't check HBT as often as I should, so its best to email me about the exchange. Instructions on how to do that - and on how to get past my spam trap - can be found in the above link.

Bryan

The mailer system was simple to complete and send back. Due to the small samples, the risk of contamination from spilled samples was almost nil. I highly recommend it!

Also, just so you know, Allagash uses their house strain to bottle everything - so the one I sent you *should* have both the brett and their house strain.

Back