Wild yeast, bacteria,or temp control issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roushd

Reaction score
I just kegged a brown ale and upon sampling during racking it had a sour taste almost similar to a lambic. I did nothing different sanitation wise, so I'm confident it isn't bacteria. My theory is due to my a/c being out my basement got up to around 73 for the final week in a three week primary any thoughts on this? Also there were no visible signs of an infection krausen fell out nicely

Nothing is going to sour your beer in 3 weeks to the degree that lambic is soured. I highly doubt 73F for a week after fermentation is done is going to ruin it either. Let it sit and carb up for a week or so, and taste it then, at the proper temperature. Post an update if it still tastes off.

Ok so finally tsted after two months still has slight sour taste but much less than previous .we did screw up our whirpool at the end and racked a good amount of protiens into the fermentor is it possible tjat this caused the sourness since it has diminished some i would think that if the sour was bacteria it woulsnt diminish but would become more sour over the two months

Back