Wife OK'd a keezer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

number40fan

Reaction score
...and I need some help with the faucet side of things. Where's a good place to buy from? Anything out there that I should completely stay away from?

go with perlicks

Birdman brewing has good deals and is a sponsor of this site. I got a couple from him over the past two months or so.

I agree with stainless perlicks

I get my stuff from kegconnection.com. Good prices and great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just bought a whole bunch of dispensing stuff, shanks, tubing, disconnects, etc. from Ritebrew.com. Prices were good and shipping was fast and very reasonable.

I too just got the ok from my DW and hunted through a bunch of options, pricing each one out down to the dollar. While both wanting to be frugal and have a quality keezer with 3 taps, I struggled to combine both combo values and high-level gear like the SS perlick taps.
My first investment was the 2.5 gallon kegs at AIH (homebrewing.org) for $125. What a deal for me! I already tend to do 2.5 gallon batches at least half the time.
I ended up going with kegconnection.com for most of the gas/liquid hardware, selected the options I wanted for the fridge kit and actually didn't buy all of the faucets there because I found a few cheaper on ebay and craigslist.

kegconnection.com -- Good site.

Just a piece of advice. If you're not really using the deep freezer for what it was intended for, buy a temp controller, and convert it to a fermentation chamber/lagering chamber. Then buy a 2 fawcet mini-fridge from kegconnection.com. You'll be a happy man.

The plans are to use the chest freezer for 3 kegs while having a fourth on carbonation. Already have a fridge that I am currently using as a fermentation chamber for my lager. Have the only kegged beer in there now getting carb'd. I told the DW that I would like to have it next to the couch (black freezer that will go with the decor') and she tells me that she had been telling me to get something to put there for the last three years because she is tired of having to grab me a beer every time she gets up.

Back