why would they remove my review?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the vendor in question has deleted negative posts in the past. A review might say, "Bill you must have screwed up, my XXX Ale was great." But there would be no review from Bill.

I can almost understand it, maybe if they would have contacted him first. I am sure that most negative reviews are from screwed up brews.

They filter everything and choose what does or doesnt stay if its a site they own/run/control. Its part of the marketing and public image. No one wants to show negative product reviews on their own website, thats just bad for business. It would be like saying 'I just want you to know people think are stuff sucks, but you should still buy my product'.

The sad part is that I still gave it three stars...I didn't say it sucked, just said I probably wouldn't brew it again as I thought the body was thin and the taste one dimensional.
Three stars is hardly worth pulling IMHO.
They have a kit guarantee, that if you don't like the kit they will replace it free of charge..which they did, but I opted for a different beer this time.
IF I had been contacted before the review was pulled and offered the replacement, then I could POSSIBLY see them pulling it, as in their eyes, the problem was "rectified"
but it was the fact they pulled it two days before contacting me that got my panties in a wad. LOL :D

Back