why oh why

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yummybeer

Reaction score
why is it that every time i plan on brewing or bottling a batch, the wife has to have some kind of plans?
i enjoy brewing my own beer and i always tell myself that i'm gonna brew more often. the thing is every time i plan on doing it she thinks we have to go out of town for the weekend or have company for the weekend or something. it's getting a little irratating.
maybe i'll just tell her that from now on, sundays are my day to brew, no matter what. :drunk:

Yep, it can be a pain sometimes. Just let her know a couple of weeks in advance, if possible, that you are planning a brew day. Sorry, Hun, that's what I'm doing that day. Nope, I got plans. You'll have to go to your friend's house alone this time. Sorry, can't make it to your parents' house that weekend. Busy brewing that beer I told you about 2 weeks ago.

Surely she and you can fit in a brew day like once a month. I personally don't think that's too much to ask.

Do you have children? And are you just springing these ideas on her as she mentions something she plans on doing that day? Just let her know a couple days in advance. If she doesn't know you have plans, she'd assume it's open.

Get a wall calender that you both can put down plans on. That way, when you're planning something, you can look at the calender to coordinate or reschedule.

First come, first served (or something like that).

The wife saw that I had my bottling stuff up from the basement last night, sitting nicely in the corner. Around 6 last night, she says 'can we spare an hour to go see my grandparents?'. My response was that I'm going to bottle; didn't hear any more from her. When I want to brew, I shoot her an email or tell her what my plans are and it usually works. Just give her some 'heads up' and it will go better for you.

i've always told her at least a couple days ahead of time that i'm planning to brew/bottle. give up on the idea of brewing/bottling when company is over because then i'll hear her complain. besides, i can get things done alot faster when i don't have little kids running around.

You've just gotta take charge...like this guy.

8545~Of-Course-I-Love-You-Posters.jpg

I have kind of the opposite. SWMBO keeps reminding me I need to bottle up my brew so I can get the fermenter off the kitchen counter, but crap keeps getting in the way so I never have time.

Back