Why no higher end picnic taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stainless one broke?
yeah...i'm thinking maybe rigging a little bolt, then drill a small hole, then hax saw it to get a metal plunger....i'll have to put more thought into it, i still love the things, but that was a bummer...

and being this was a product development page, and it's doesn't sound they really flying off the shelves, just want to say MY PLUNGER BROKE! i had a few spares around though....

yeah...i'm thinking maybe rigging a little bolt, then drill a small hole, then hax saw it to get a metal plunger....i'll have to put more thought into it, i still love the things, but that was a bummer...

and being this was a product development page, and it's doesn't sound they really flying off the shelves, just want to say MY PLUNGER BROKE! i had a few spares around though....

Poor design and engineering. These picnic taps could be made to last years...

Asked the question on the gasket page will try a direct message next.

I'd probably just steal from some plastic ones that are cheap. I doubt it's any different.

The post from the plastic ones I have on hand are just a tiny bit too short. The good news is the stainless handle fits and seems to work on the plastic one so it might be fix for the usual way the plastic ones fail by losing the a nub.

The post from the plastic ones I have on hand are just a tiny bit too short. The good news is the stainless handle fits and seems to work on the plastic one so it might be fix for the usual way the plastic ones fail by losing the a nub.

Interesting! Sorry for the not great advice. I had always felt certain they used the same parts. Then again I've only used on, not owned one, and not taken it apart. It looked like the same housing but metal. Huh, perhaps not.!

IMG_6005 - Copy.JPG

Not the best camera angle, but ok to see some of the differences.

The cup part is a little deeper so everything needs a slight adjustment. The silicon gasket is slightly longer and so is the plastic post.

The post is the part that has broken on my picnic taps in the past and is really the first bit that should be made of metal, shame it isn't.
Wonder if someone could 3d print the posts?

Worth asking on the 3d print forum?

Latest posts

Back