Why did i ever try Mosaic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lookwow

Reaction score
Should of never even tried them. Just kegged my first IPA with Mosaic along with Amarillo and my god am I in love with that hop. I bought a pound because its hard to get but I can already tell it wont be nearly enough.

I have 8 oz that have been sitting in my freezer for over a year. Need to brew something up with them! Have a Dirt Wolf Clone recipe on my list to brew that has some Mosaic flavor/aroma additions but highlights citra more.

going to brew an IPA with it in a couple weeks. never brewed with it before. thinking of using it with Citra... maybe a modified Zombie Dust recipe with 60/40 Citra/Mosiac.

Should of never even tried them. Just kegged my first IPA with Mosaic along with Amarillo and my god am I in love with that hop. I bought a pound because its hard to get but I can already tell it wont be nearly enough.

Nice. I have a carboy of hoppy pale ale that I used 50/50 Mosaic and Amarillo that will be dry hopped this weekend. I call it "MosAma Been Hoppin". Should be ready to drink in 3 weeks.

going to brew an IPA with it in a couple weeks. never brewed with it before. thinking of using it with Citra... maybe a modified Zombie Dust recipe with 60/40 Citra/Mosiac.

That is a match made in heaven. I bought two pounds of each of those this year cause I ran out way to quick last year.

I brewed an APA yesterday using 11lbs 2 row, 2 lbs crystal 60, 1 oz centennial, 1 oz cascade and will dry hop with 1 oz mosaic. I first tried it last summer when a shop in Oregon suggested I try it over cascade to dry hop. I brewed the same recipe last time and put mosaic in last 5 minutes, I really prefer their flavor when used for dry hopping. My buddy did a SMASH last summer with all mosaic, pretty tasty.
Jeremy

I wish my brewing supply store sold Mosaic by the pound! I make an IPA with columbus for bittering and mosaic for flavor and aroma that is quite tasty, if I do say so.

Back