Who's brewin this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBbrewing

Reaction score
Who else is brewing this weekend? I am doing my 1st 11 gallon batch. I am making a oatmeal stout that I am going to split into 2 - 5 1/2 gallon batches, I am doing a blueberry oatmeal stout and a mint chocolate oatmeal stout. Hope they taste good, just trying something different.

Bottling tomorrow. I have the kit for an AG IPA. Currently debating whether to brew now or wait until next weekend.

I am thinking about brewing this weekend. Maybe a brown ale or an apa. I want to rebrew a recipe to try and make it better.

My first Saison! I drank too much last night and am moving slow, though.

No brewing. I'll be racking my Terrapin Wake N Bake clone to a keg for bulk aging until the Winter Solstice though.

Needed to free up a carboy so I racked my 60/- to a keg and carbed it up. Boy it took a long time get 13 1/2 gallons up to a boil.

I'm not brewing this weekend, I bottled my first batch and brewed another one last weekend, so I can't do anything this weekend!

Not this weekend, but I brewed Monday, 18.5 gallon batch of BM's Centennial Blonde, it was the first for the new system, was shooting for 17.5 gallons, oh well, cant have too much beer, good luck to all.:mug:

Bottled an oktoberfest style ale this morning, and racking an oatmeal stout to secondary and brewing a stout. 30 minutes left on the boil as I type this.

I have to get the brewing in before the baby!

I am about as ready as can be to make Fat Tire. I have never had it, but girlfriend has. Looks like a sweet brown beer.

Wyeast 1272 American ale II. They claim good floc, from the pic I agree. I pitched the swelled smack pack this morning. Its been 8 hours. I think its almost done. I am brewing tomorrow.

I sucked canned wort from a saved quart jar and topped up with boiled and cooled water. Then I boiled the whole thing in the flask. There is no trub it should be all yeast. OG was 1.049. I had 600+ ml of wort the rest water. I'm guessing an og of 1.03something. One litre.

001.jpg

003.jpg

David :)

No brewing this weekend...no room in the fermenting fridge...my HWMBO has a pale ale and a cal common finishing up and I have a hefe. It will be a few more days to any brewing can take place. The question is, which one of us will get the free space...I think I need my own fermenting fridge!

Just finished up my Pale Rye Ale. Hit my mash temps on the nose, but my volumes are still high-- I need to ratchet my grain absorption back. The good news is that my efficiency is still higher than I account for, so the gravities turn out about right. I was looking for an 8 gallon boil of 1.037 wort, I ended up with 9 of 1.036 into the boil. I had enough that I couldn't get squeezed into the boil that I boiled it on the stove for a RWS :D No chilling now, RWS on the counter.

Oh, and my washed pacman smelled like watery, yeasty beer...it's going be fine :rockin:

The only thing that went wrong today (3rd AG, 5th batch overall) was spilling my gravity sample while cooling it and the RWS. I'll take it!

Got an ordinary bitter on the stove right now :mug:

Doing more drinking than brewing though... Already went through a dogfish head 60 min IPA, a great lakes commodore perry, and working on a bell's two hearted while waiting for the boil to finish :drunk:

Got a starter going this morning.. planning on doing a lemon grass wheat. One of my last 2 kits before I go AG. Really need to get to work on my keggles!!

Brewed a west coast pale yesterday. Flawless brewday as well, hit evrything perfectly and done in 3.5 hours.:rockin:

Brewed a west coast pale yesterday. Flawless brewday as well, hit evrything perfectly and done in 3.5 hours.:rockin:

This is extract right? If not I want to watch you brew and learn something!!

finally relaxing after 6 hour brewday from HLT fill to relaxin on couch. Didn't clean as I went due to rain outside the garage.
Me and TheGuy split a 10G batch of Campfire Porter (smoked porter with 56% Racuchmalt). It was nice to have someone else to hang out wiht on brew day who gives a crap about brewing.

I cheated today as I was kind of tired and had a lot of wine work to do but needed to get some brew going as one of my kegs are getting low so I went and got a True Brew Red Ale today and whipped her up. Ive never done 1 of these as I started with 1 of those bag o worts and then went right to AG and never looked back. Anyone made this kit and is it any good?

Bought the grains and hops today, will brew a screaming viking blonde tomorrow. Hopefully I wake up in time to get finished before too late. Electric stove brewing does add some time.

Definatly Brewing this weekend, which for me is wed/ thur. The question is what do I brew, a red ale or pumpkin pie ale? If I do the red ale it should be ready by sep and if I do the pumpkin pie I'll let it sit til the end of Oct. Any suggestions?

Fat tire is off to a good start. I toasted 4 KG of 2 row instead of 4 lbs. Oops....

Hit strike temp right on .. 153. My mash tun is a 1/4 converted keg. 21.5 lbs grain. Its overflowing. 11 gallon batch. Thunder storms rolling by, so I am in the garage for now.

Having a boddingtons I made 3 weeks ago. Its good. A little darker than I wanted, but taste is fine.

David :)

Did my first all-grain yesterday. Beautiful iowa summer day...I dig this brewing outdoors stuff! Should be serving up the Harpoon IPA Clone in about a month :ban:

Amarillo IPA today. First time I'll really be screwing with my water to accentuate bitterness...

10 years?? Man welcome back. I'm mid brew now. Brewing a bavarian hefe that I hope to have drinkable by August 8th. Hopefully a week to ferment and a few days in the keg and it's g2g. There is a beer festival in my home town that weekend and I wanted to bring something to my friend's house for afterward.

Did a celebration ale clone yesterday. The fermentor is cooking away and looks to be heading for a blow-off this afternoon.

I'm doing the celebration as well. But issues with my pump this am so before I could start I had to track down some 3-in-one oil. Got it going and Mashed in around 11a. What the *$@% was I thinking? It's 110 in my garage so I'll only be brewing the one batch today. I guess it could always be worse though right?

Latest posts

Back