Who's brewin this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really wanting to brew this weekend, but I didn't get motivated to go to the brew store yesterday so I will have to just do some drinking instead.

For the 1st time I am trying the wet tee shirt with fan method of keeping the temp of the primary fermeter at a steady 68 degrees and it is actually working.

I guess it could always be worse though right?

Guess I was right - it got worse. After giving it the recommended amount of oil I tested the pump before starting and it was working. When the time came to sparge it refused to dance. Tried sweet-talking it and made a few hollow promises but to no avail. It absolutely refused to do the tango. Oh well, I'm only out the price of the grain - and a new pump. I'll be giving it's successor much more attention.

damn threads like this are hard to find the right ones of....

i'm heating up my strike water as i type this....20lb's homemade pale malt, 1/2 lb special B, 1 lb black patent, 12oz's chocolate rye....will just hop it with a couple ounces of chinook for 60 min....(10 gallon batch, gluco pitched with yeast as always)

Back