Whoo Hoo! Can I propigate this yeast from the bottle??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
I bought myself a present today... A 750 ML bottle of Rogue Imperial IPA in the cool black ceramic flip-top bottle. Gotta plan a saturday sometime to spend some quality time with my new friend. Anyways... it says that it's fermented with "top fermenting pacman yeast"... should I be able to propigate this yeast to a pitchable amount?? I'm thinkin' maybe tryin' to brew myself my own batch of imp IPA. Dunno if they pasturize this or not....

Anyway, if I can tell the wife that I needed it to get the yeast, maybe I can justify the 14 dollar purchase price....

Allan

i have had good results with getting yeast from shakespeare stout. a little dme in a pint of water goes into the bottle(after you pour and drink some of rogues finest) when that is done fermenting make a one gallon batch of something lite like a lite pale ale. when that is done fermenting you will have enough to use in a 5-6 gallon batch of whatever you like remember to use a blowoff tube cause pacman is freakin crazy. my fav yeast. just takes like two weeks to get. they need to seriously release this strain to us homebrewers. why cant we have the best?

Back