Whoa Dude!! Walgreens Beer for 50 cents a can!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/302/64297

Why waste 6 bucks when you can get this:

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/index.php?cPath=178_452_378_377

And it will taste infinitively better.

Commercial American Adjunct Lagers all have the same profile: Sweet corn mouthfeel, watery body, and no smell whatsoever... pointless IMHO, but like I said in the other thread, some people like them and that's just fine...

I see your point, but sometimes you just want a beer that doesn't involve a brew day and weeks of waiting. If it doesn't taste terrible, it could fit the bill.

I see your point, but sometimes you just want a beer that doesn't involve a brew day and weeks of waiting. If it doesn't taste terrible, it could fit the bill.

I know... but people who plan their brews poorly deserve to drink poor beer for a while... I have done it myself ;)

I tailgated at a Patriots game this year and wanted some cheap beer to swill, spill, and give away to my Busch light friends. I couldn't bring myself to bring something normal so when I was at Trader Joes Market, who carries some pretty good beer at good prices....I saw "Old Timer" and "Name Tag" beer. It was about the same price as the Walgreens beer.

Since Trader Joes usually sells good stuff I decided to give it a shot and pretend to my buddies that I had some special beer that no one has ever heard of. It wasn't all that bad, kinda Old Milwakee-ish but the next morning.......not good. Kind of like a long night of cheap tequila, drugs, and strippers.......but withought the tequila, drugs, or strippers.

Moral of the story....Never buy cheap beer. If you do, at least get a name brand to keep you hydrated in the summer while fishing and mowing the lawn. Otherwise, brew your own or buy some good stuff.

I tailgated at a Patriots game this year and wanted some cheap beer to swill, spill, and give away to my Busch light friends. I couldn't bring myself to bring something normal so when I was at Trader Joes Market, who carries some pretty good beer at good prices....I saw "Old Timer" and "Name Tag" beer. It was about the same price as the Walgreens beer.

Since Trader Joes usually sells good stuff I decided to give it a shot and pretend to my buddies that I had some special beer that no one has ever heard of. It wasn't all that bad, kinda Old Milwakee-ish but the next morning.......not good. Kind of like a long night of cheap tequila, drugs, and strippers.......but withought the tequila, drugs, or strippers.

Moral of the story....Never buy cheap beer. If you do, at least get a name brand to keep you hydrated in the summer while fishing and mowing the lawn. Otherwise, brew your own or buy some good stuff.

Yea Trader Joe's "Simpler Times" is strong too at 6.5% abv. Very surprising for a cheap brew that you can pick up for $3 for a 6er. Taste wise... well it's better then budlight.

I'm not exactly rich...by any stretch of the imagination...but I'd gladly pay $10 for a 6er of good beer than $3 for swill like that.

Plus, don't ingredient kits come out to be roughly $0.50 per 12oz of beer anyway?

"It's the water that makes it" is the slogan... I'm thinking it's gotta be like sex in a canoe....

Guy at work will drink ANYTHING. He thinks PBR is the greatest beer ever brewed.

He bought a 6 pack of that Flats and wound up throwing most of it out. He said it simply wasn't drinkable.

This reminds me of the Kroger brand "Beer:30". I've never been able to bring myself to try it, but I can only imagine... :cross:

Back