Who Went To Woodstock?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you seen the commercial where the old lady takes her granddaughter to find the tree where she first met the girl's grandfather? Or maybe it was the other tree...

My kid saw that and said, "That's such a nice commercial!"

To which I replied, "Yeah, free sex through a haze of LSD in the mud... Awesome!"

"Dad!"

"She was so high she couldn't remember which tree they did it under!"

"DAD!"

I was not quite 8 at the time so missed out. Saw a show where an architect owns the farm now and works from the barn there occasionally that served as a mess hall for attendees. I guess there's a plaque commemorating the spot where the concert was held but otherwise not much there.

Didn't go but brother did. It's now a concert venue. It's really beautiful. We go to about 6 concerts a year. You gotta go back, we miss you. There are still thousands who never left.

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/about-us/history-of-bethel-woods

I knew I was going out on a limb posting this thread, realizing that the majority of HBers here were not born yet. Yikes. That said, our 'adventure' was not unlike that of the overwhelming majority of attendees. To wit, I haven't seen myself in any documentary footage.

I think everyone was in their own way awestruck by what they found/saw when they got there. Even going in through miles and miles of stalled traffic was something no one had ever seen before. We were a bunch of young guys from the sticks who went to see the groups, all of them world-famous at that point in time. We went probably more prepared than most --- clean, dry clothes and coolers of food and drink. By the time we arrived Saturday mid-morning, squeaky-clean and well-nourished, the rain had stopped and most everyone was soaking wet, muddy, in need of food and water and lavatorical facilities. Of course, no one had expected the onslaught of people, so supplies of everything ran out quickly. There was a constant drone of choppers overhead, taking out the sick, OD'd or in labor and bringing in what supplies they could.

The reason I still have my tickets is there was no one to give them to when we turned the corner to that overwhelming mass of humanity. The fence and gate were long gone, and a large group of Hell's Angels had parked themselves at the would-be entrance to voluntarily impose their 'discipline' where and as needed.

It was an experience.

Have you seen the commercial where the old lady takes her granddaughter to find the tree where she first met the girl's grandfather? Or maybe it was the other tree...

My kid saw that and said, "That's such a nice commercial!"

To which I replied, "Yeah, free sex through a haze of LSD in the mud... Awesome!"

"Dad!"

"She was so high she couldn't remember which tree they did it under!"

"DAD!"

hate that commercial .. Bethel Woods is about 55 miles from the village of woodstock. hell they are not even in the same county

I like the site at that link. Didn't know they'd done all that with the spot since then. My older brother & his buddy Gary went. I was 13 1/2 at that time & they wouldn't let me go with them. Bad luck on them, as the New York State Thruway was closed when they got there.

Latest posts

Back